Hiccups in utero (x-posted)

Hello everybody :)
I'm Lana and I'm new here.
I was wondering how many of u experienced fetal hiccups while pregnant?Is there such thing as excessive hiccups and if so,do i need to report it to my doctor?
I'm 31 week pregnant with lil girl who has the hiccups every day,5 times a day,10 min each time.
I did some research on the net and got worried.There is this Dr.Collins who keep talking about fetal hiccups after 28 weeks being a sign of cord compression.
He also says decrease movements are worrisome as much as increase in the fetal activity.I found this info bit confusing so I'm asking ur opinion.
I'm so stressed about this,i can't eat or sleep.However,my lil girl keeps kicking and hiccuping.

Any thought/advice/opinion will be GREATLY appreciated.Thank you :)

girl-23

Asked by girl-23 at 5:12 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hiccups are them practising breathing. It's completely normal and what you are experiencing is certainly not "excessive".

Relax! Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy... you will be missing those movements and big tummy after baby comes.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 5:21 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Both of my boys had the hiccups a lot while I was pregnant. It was a very regular and predictable pattern too. If you are really concerned, let your OB know. I think the stress of you being upset has much more potential to be harmful than fetal hiccups. Remember this is the babies way of getting strong muscles for that first breath of air. She can't run laps in your uterus. : )
    babyboyzz

Answer by babyboyzz at 5:24 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• She has the hiccups as i type.I talked to my OBGYN.He doesn't call them hiccups but breathing movements and says nothing serious. Thanks for the replays :)
    girl-23

Answer by girl-23 at 5:26 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• My second and third both got lots of hiccups. We even got to see them during an ultrasound with my third. They are completely normal and are just like if you were to get hiccups. Nothing to worry about. Your little girl is just practicing breathing, which is an great sign that she's developing just like she should be. Congrats on the healthy baby girl :)
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 7:28 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Don't worry. My son had hiccups everyday in utero. He's now 2 1/2 months old and still has them everyday.
    NursyLori

Answer by NursyLori at 3:13 AM on Dec. 15, 2009