fair babysitting price?

ok I am not sure how many days a week it will be yet, or what her schedule will be, but my cousin is looking for a new job. It will probally be minimum wage. She asked me to watch her baby (I LOVE this baby) who is 10 months old when she gets a job. So I pretty much at this time have to give a price to her 'per day' since she most likely will not be full time. I want to be fair but under regular daycare prices to help her out. My kids havent been in daycare for 6 years so I have no idea. At that time I paid $380 a month for an in home daycare full time for one child. Im in California.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Money & Work

• Nowadays most daycare costs between $150 to $300 a week. Cheap daycares here is about $150 a week. I know that some people cant pay alot for childcare and get upset if someone asks what they think is to much, but they also need to realize you are watching their child and watching someone elses child isnt like watching your own. I would charge between 5 and 7 an hour or 25 a day. I dont think that is an unreasonable price.
    ameriplanmommy5

Answer by ameriplanmommy5 at 11:40 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• she is a single mom and minimum wage isnt all that much. She would be paying me her whole paycheck with that. but thank you! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• To be honest, if it was my cousin and I didn't really need the money I would charge about $10 a day. But she would of course have to bring all supplies for the baby such as food and diapers. Minimum wage is crappy and she needs to keep as much as she can. I charged 20 a day for a friends daughter but she had a great job. That is very cheap for my area but I loved the little girl and it was a great playmate for my daughter!
    bugsmom06

Answer by bugsmom06 at 8:22 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I pay $20 a day which is really cheap here and its a home based daycare that he goes to on a "drop-in" basis.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 10:54 PM on Dec. 13, 2009