The Food Laws Part 2

This is mainly for Lexy, or anyone else out there who is not Jewish and still believes the food laws are in play. There is no sarcasm here I am seeking out the answer only, please if others who live in grace respond play nicely.

How can food or drink not be a matter of salvation and yet be a sin?

I'm no Angel

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• (just jumping in here....)

A rule is a rule and God's law about clean and unclean foods is a rule that He put into existance- so the very act of breaking that rule is a sin- as it is in breaking any of the rules He has set forth.

A person's salvation is not contingient upon keeping the rules He gave perfectly because of Yeshua's (Jesus') death and resurrection for us.

Being obedient to God's law is a choice of obedience and love to Him because we are saved, not as a method to be saved.

lanimommy81

Answer by lanimommy81 at 9:58 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• i am muslim. I do believe that food is a matter of salvation if it is considered a sin.

So in the Quran, allah forbade the eating of pork. So we should not eat pork. Now if we do, does this mean we are sinning? YES absolutely unless, we eat it out of pure necessity like there is nothing else in the world to eat but that and we should only eat what is necessary for survival... and this is a condition allah put on it. Now if we eat it just to eat it... t hen it may very well be a reason for God to place us in the fire...does it mean we will be in the fire forever and ever no because Allah has promised the believing person who beleives in him and his final prophet that they will enter paradise..however he made no promise that he will not punish you with fire if you disobey him.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 7:14 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• If you look in Lev. 11:3-47 It tell you about the food we should eat and not eat, because it unclean, and in Lev. 13 chapter we have the Health Law, I don't eat PORK because it harm our body, My blood presure goes through the roof and I get so dizze and they said you can have a heart attack so I eat on Beef products and I have come to Love it. I drink a little wine because if it was a sin God wouldn't given it to the people at the wedding because God Is a God that doesn't sin. So he would not let these people sin my turn water into wine at the wedding. every one have to work out their on salvation
    nickilee100

Answer by nickilee100 at 7:56 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• How can food or drink not be a matter of salvation and yet be a sin?
    -------------
    To be convicted by the Holy Spirit that something is wrong, and yet continue on in it willingly is very dangerous! This grieves the Holy Spirit, Who has sealed us unto redemption. (Ephesians 4:30) If we know it is good to do something, but do not do it, it is sin to us. (James 4:17) ALL sin is a matter of salvation, it all bears the same reward.(Romans 6:23)
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 8:36 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• All the clean and unclean aside, did you know that God also advised against eating fat which is now known to cause elevated cholesterol levels? (Leviticus 3:17) What about the diabetic that continues to binge on sugary snacks? What about the person who merely over-eats? Sin is doing what you know to be wrong whether you want to obey it or not.

Besides, pork is nasty and so are the other scavengers. Have you ever heard of "prime" or "Grade A" pork? It does not exist! There are only two grades--"acceptable" and "utility".

I have personally been convicted that eating scavengers is detestable and unhealthy. If you haven't been, cool.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 8:44 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• The wine in the story of Jesus turning water into wine wasn't fermented. I have done studies on this and the majority of scholars agree that the grape harvest was about 7 months over at the time of the wedding. So yes the guests were drinking old wine when things first started. Then if you read the excalamation of the guests after tasting Jesus' wine, how it was good. This leads me to believe that it was new wine Jesus made. Now that does not mean that drinking a glass or two of beer or wine is a sin, but practice temperance. Keep it at just two, if you cannot and mist drink more then it would be best to refrain from starting. Doctors actually talk about how good wine is for your heart, also wine is great for the bones. so is beer, but a couple is the limit usually anymore then that and it starts to weaken your bones just like any hard alchohol will.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 8:51 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I don't think you are understanding my question...sincey ou say that eating of certain foods are sinful how come Jesus himself said the matter of food and drink is not a matter of salvation. Meaning imo that foods/drinks are not sinful. Now I admit if I act gluttenouse that's sinful, or if I put something into my body that is going to affect how I act such as excessive alchohol and drugs, that's an act though. Jesus said it's not what we put into our bodies but what comes out of us. Because all food just turns into waste, it's not wether nor not I have been convicted I am just trying to understand your logic is all. Also going along with what you said Lexy, by the same logic, candy is a sin. Ice Cream, cookies, and little sweet treats are not ok by God. Because thay can lead to diabetes and cavities and other bad things. Am I understanding wrongly?

I'm no Angel
    Anonymous

• i wanted to say that When Allah revealed the Quran, the people were drinking Alcohol. He forbade them from coming to prayer drunk as time when on, he forbade them from drinking alcohol altogether because he says the risk outwiegh the benefit. So drinking any kind of intoxicant is prohibited. eating grapes is not forbidden though you can make wine from it.

And He also revealed that in Paradise we will have wine to drink at our disposal however it will not intoxicate nor make us sick
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 9:39 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• So either Lexy is doing some reflection or desperatly searching the scriptures to show how she is right although very excellent points have been made.
    Anonymous

-------------
    Or Lexy has a life outside of the Cafemom's R&B area! LOL!
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:28 AM on Dec. 12, 2009