Could this mean he is trying to get sick?

My son usually has 2 at the most poopy diapers a day. Today he had 4 in 3 hours. They weren't totally diaherrea like but they weren't the solid/creamy like poo he normally has. He is 11 months old and I am hoping he isn't getting sick. Anyone know if he is okay or trying to get sick on me?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 5:39 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• TRYING to get sick on you? Who TRIES to get sick?

Did he eat anything different or strange?
    Anonymous

• I have to agree, what do you mean is he "trying to get sick on you?" That is just wack yo!
    Anonymous

• why do Anonymous people write smart comments leann is asking for help and all you can do is be smart.
    Anyway,
    Could be teeth,food,etc check his temp. evenings is the best time around 5/6 to do that.
    keep him hydrated, rice, banana's are good.
    stay away from orange, apple juice and grapes.
    If he's not better in a few days go to your doc.
    laika

Answer by laika at 6:01 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• what kind of english is "wack yo" smart ass.
    laika

Answer by laika at 6:02 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• **smile** Semantics are fun, aren't they? He certainly could be coming down with something if he's been exposed to anyone with an illness. Or it could be teething. Or...has he eaten anything new?

As has already been advised, keep him hydrated. Keep him warm, and keep the activity level on the low side while he works through this. It may be nothing, but best not to take chances. You can always call the doc's office (if they're still open) if yu're really worried. They've heard it all before, so no worries that they'll think you're silly.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:17 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I agree the question is worded weird. Sometimes babies and older little ones can get sick symptoms of all kinds when they start teething. Think how long it takes for a tooth to work it's way out from under the gum. It could be anything. Do an underarm thermometer check and if he hits on that a 100.5 he likely really does have one. But try to keep him comfy by not overdressing him to heat him up.

laika, those ideas of foods I agree with. My middle kid now grown was allergic to orange juice as an infant, one and two months old, and got bad diapers just like op's baby. same with cow's milk. the rashes all came from my breastmilk and me drinking those things affecting her.

If you can get baby cleared up but make sure in his tiny hiney cheeks he's clear too then right away put vaseline on him each diaper change and in between. That keeps poo on top of the vaseline and the vaseline is on top of db skin,
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 6:18 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Keep on eye on his temp and how often he is pooping. Keep him hydrated. My son had rotavirus at a young age and all he had was the poops, no fever. But he ended up getting dehydrated after a couple of days. If it is the rotavirus there is nothing you can do expect keeping him hydrated and not eating anything that will upset his belly. Good luck!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 7:07 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• thanks everyone who commented nicely! Sheesh ppl I just asked a question, you all who were rude didn't have to be! Keep your comments to yourself if you can't be nice.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 10:01 PM on Dec. 11, 2009