For those against adoption

I've seen people here that seem to be against adoption. If you're one of these people, what would your solution be then? The children that are abused and neglected and can't go back with their biological parents, what would be a better solution for them than to be adopted? If a biological mother can't take care of her child and wants to relinquish them for adoption, why shouldn't they be able to do that?

Littlebit722

Asked by Littlebit722 at 6:05 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Adoption

• I've never seen anybody say they were against adoption, that's nuts! I've seen people say they don't want gay couples being able to adopt, which I think is ridiculous, but never adoption in general...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:06 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• well i think if they cant take care of the baby then they should be more cafeful about getin pregant but i rather hear someone puttin there kid up for adoption then havin abortion but if u cant take care of a kid them do something to help not have one but adoption isnt bad and im not agaist it cuz it help people who want kid to have one since there unable to have kids
    Anonymous

• I have seen it, and it is ridiculous! Everyone has a story about someone who was adopted by a crappy family, but plenty of crappy families have their own kids! I would say if there were more adoptions, in many cases the world for some kids would be much brighter--sorry, I know your question was for those against it, this just gets my blood boiling, LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 6:13 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• lilbit, very good question, however, I tend to think that the adoptions you speak of(abused and neglected) , are indeed neccesary adoptions. I think you may be getting confused with many of us whom FEEL adoption IS for the child that has NO one to love them! This is quite different from being Pro or Against adoption. Adoption is ALWAYS going to be around, and rightfully so( neglected, abuse, drugs, mental illness, and not being able to keep a child safe...will ALWAYS be needed. I personally am NOT against adoption, when ONE of these instances is the scenario. However relinquishinhg a child due to temporary financial stress, is NOT a reason...as many find out after they have done so. There are many resources avail., for these exact instances. There will ALWAYS be the occassional young woman whom "accidentally becomes pregnant' and wishes to NOT parent because she is not capable of loving a child. Hope this clarifies,C.J.
    ceejay1

Answer by ceejay1 at 7:41 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I wouldn't say that the young woman is not able to love the child necessarily, but that she might be at a place in her life where parenting would interfere with all of her plans. I'm talking about a couple of friends who got pregnant very young and chose to place their children for adoption. They would have had the support of their families (in fact one was under extreme pressure to keep her son), but they wanted to finish high school and just be "normal" teenagers. They could have loved their kids (and they did/do).

I agree that nobody should have to relinquish due to temporary financial problems, and people should be made aware of all the help that is available. I do think that infant adoption needs to remain an option, though. Of course people need to be treated fairly and be allowed to make their decisions without pressure either way.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 8:17 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• The Wonderful A/P they never abuse.
    Anonymous

• Say anything to justify ADOPTION
    Anonymous

• Anon 9:28pm - Greetings, Please try to understand that not ALL adoptive parents abuse their children. Yes, some have & it's horrid. It's horrid when a biological parent does it, or a mother's boyfriend, uncle, teacher, etc. Abuse is horrible. Some of us are trying to make a difference in a screwed up system. Children shouldn't have to live in residential treatments centers or institutions. They should have homes, unless and until their own home is again available. I've taken care of some temporarily until their family was better & they could go home & it was a positive thing for the child. Until things change, we are doing the best we can.

I believe that most mothers, even those involved with CPS, love their children. I do believe that the state makes mistakes. It's far from a perfect system, but my concern is the children, and IF they are removed, rightly or wrongly, they have to live somewhere even if only temporarily.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 10:50 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Wash. man pleads guilty to raping adoptee  http://www.theolympian.com/nationworld/story/1067683.html

Anonymous

• The pass a law crowed thinks the rest of the world is horrible and they are NOT . ADOPTION IS ABUSE AND NO ONE IS FREE OF MISTAKES.
    Anonymous