Aren't Democrats just more of the same??

Congressional Democrats have added, to the military spending bills, roughly a $1.8 trillion increase to the DEBT LIMIT.

At a time when concern is growing over the government's chronic deficits?

Do you think this is fiscally responsible of our government to increase its debt-limit?

Isn't this the same crap that got our government financially in trouble during the Bush years? I remember Democrats were upset when Bush/GOP raised the debt limit 5 times during his administration. So WHY continue the path?

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 6:16 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Democrat Seeks to Raise Debt Limit - CBS News

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:18 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• hrmmm, lost my link, try again...

Top Democrat Seeks to Raise Debt Limit

Steney Hoyer Proposes Increasing Limit at Least $1.8 Trillion to Avoid Default

Don't you wish you could spend like mad, and then just raise your own limit whenever you felt the need?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:19 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Isn't this question more of the same hate filled crap that the right spews daily on CM?

OH YES IT IS. MOVE ON!
    Anonymous

• No actually ANON it's current events about what the CURRENT Congress and CURRENT President and his Administration are doing to this nation... Just because you choose to live a life in "question", doesn't mean these people aren't destroying our nation.... Wake up. Come out from behind the question mark and defend the actions of Liberals and Dems...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:39 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Wow, so you are OK with raising the Debt Limit, huh? That's pretty interesting. I bet you think that Obama can just go "POOF" and print more money, too... lol
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:57 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Ohh and (un)wise anon, if you look at my question~ I don't think highly of Republicans doing this 5 times in the past... But why would Democrats continue to do it, knowing it does NOT solve anything. It only makes it worse.....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:05 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• They knew that they couldn't raise the debt limit. They were told this wasn't the time to do that. So, they put it in the military spending bill. If you pass the bill, you get the increase. If you take it out, you don't get your military bill. This is almost vulgar in its dishonesty.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:07 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Grly, it's only one Anon, and rather than address a legitimate question, she attempts to change the subject by calling names.

Yes, I'm concerned about raising our debt limit. Our deficit, which everyone was VERY worried about when Bush was president, has grown to unimaginable proportions since Obama has been in office. With 10%+ of the population unemployed, and many under-employed, tax revenues are going to be down significantly again this year. Yet the government keeps spending and spending and spending.

It's worrisome.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 7:10 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Anybody with a basic understanding of how economics work would realize that it indeed takes spending more to get the economy going again. However, you can't compare Obama's spending with that of the previous administration, because of HOW the money is being spent.

Either way, I don't know why I bother trying to explain this, since I'm sure I'll just be accused of being "dependent on the Nanny government" again. Which, by the way, I'm not. I just happen to have a degree in Economics. Go figure.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:11 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Anouck, did you answer the question the other day about the government spending 5 MILLION to create a total of THREE jobs? Just asking....
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 7:17 PM on Dec. 11, 2009