i want a job but i want a baby too, which one would you do first?

i been looking for a job for over 9 months now and nothing has come up, and DH recently talked about having another baby since our DD is about to turn three. We are not rich but we are not struggling either. I recently graduated college and my career is in criminal justice, not the typical job to get and then get pregnant. So do I have the baby first and then focuse on a career or get a career and then the baby years later 1-2 years.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Don't have another baby until your debts are all paid off...including your student loans. The faster you get the debts paid, the sooner you can have another baby. Since you've not found a job in nine months, it's time to have that child now. Maybe in a few years the field will be more flush with jobs and you can go back to work then.
    But don't have any more until your debts are paid!
    Anonymous

• IDK hard question - If you guys aren't struggling and your new LO won't put a strain on things and you're pretty sure he's secure at his job; my heart says have a baby have a baby have a baby! lol

But if things are tight now; you know a new baby would make it more so. If there's a chance your DH will get laid off...

IDK...I didn't "plan" either of mine so that's kind of hard for me to think about...Good Luck with whatever you decide
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 6:43 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• There is no such thing as a perfect time to have another baby. I would say have the baby now. If you have it now then both of your children will be close enough in age to enjoy each other and they'll both be in school at the same time making it much easier for you to find a job and keep it without going nuts!
    Anonymous

• I agree with Anon :45....great advice! Why are you anon????
    I think its true that there is never a perfect time to have a baby. Just after you get married! LOL.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 6:58 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I agree with ANON :45 too.
    lovemytwinsters

Answer by lovemytwinsters at 7:03 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• You are not struggling, then I say go ahead and have a baby. My husband and I were facing this dilema ourselves, and we decided that there is no "RIGHT" time to get pregnant, you are never truely financially ready for a baby. Keep job hunting, if you get pregnant, you get pregnant, you take maternity leave. You don't find a job, well, you are a SAHM a lil longer.

If you were struggling financially and you didn't have a college education to help you get a job at some point, then I would recommend waiting if you could.
    armycoppertop

Answer by armycoppertop at 7:06 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• If you are living from pay check to pay check then I say no.
    Anonymous

• You could have both. I work from home and work with other moms. I have a 11mth who is going to turn a year old and I make my own hours. If your interested please review this link. It might change you and your family's income. Mine changed!! I am happy I did it.
    http://www.internetceomoms.com/danishel
    Danielle
    thisfamilyrocks@gmail.com
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 9:45 PM on Dec. 11, 2009