Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do I need a lawyer??

My daughter had her shots done with her DR and we had thought they gave her one to many, but they said no, no we didn't, I change her DR because they left needle marks on her legs, anyway today she saw her new DR, and come to find out they gave her the shot way to early, instead of the 6 month wait for the next one, they gave it to her again 2 months after that one. My parents keep saying I should get a lawyer since they screwed up, and she was really sick after those shots.. What would you do??


Asked by MizMzBowz at 6:40 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 6 (108 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (12)
  • I would call a lawyer and see if you have a case at the least and if you don't I would definitely report them to the state licensing board which can be done with no lawyer.

    Answer by aeneva at 6:44 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

  • that's horrible go seek advice.

    Answer by laika at 6:42 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

  • i would call a lawyer that deals wit dr when they mess up but u really need to call a lawyer

    Answer by myangelelena at 6:42 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

  • I'd definately call a lawer. Good luck

    Answer by lovemytwinsters at 6:58 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

  • Most lawyers will do a free consult but unless the vaccinations specifically state not to give them at a certain age you probably won't get very far in the legal system.

    Answer by Nyx7 at 7:03 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

  • Is there a place to report doctors? I would talk to a lawyer for sure and see if you can report the doctor.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

  • I would call another doctor to make sure it was an actual screw-up, even though her new DR is telling you the old DR was wrong, you should get another opinion.

    Answer by PrincessRSX03 at 7:10 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

  • Get a lawyer and a second opinion. Make sure you find a lawyer that deals in medical issues.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

  • you mean dd got the right shot but too early? And that she did get the first does on schedule? If that's it or that they gave a shot too early that's not a sequential shot with specific infant age intervals of shots, then I'd get a pediatric specialist opinon from a large hospital. You already have a second general ped's second opinon now get one from a third ped but a specialist at a children's hospital. I've traveled several hours for pregnancy speciality care and baby and child specialty care.

    Then you've got your medical history of dd pretty straight and then can see a lawyer. First you want to make sure, jmho, that dd is alright and how to proceed because of the shots mixup that's why a children's hospital specialist. Then after that you can call a lawyer.for their opinion.
    Be care ful though, I was with my friend at her lawyers when this happened - first time appointment - the lawyer told

    Answer by lfl at 7:38 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

  • I would seek legal help and also medical.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Dec. 11, 2009