Overwhelmed & Stressed

Why does it seem like the holidays make things sooo much more stressful? With all the holiday parties & figuring out who you have to get gifts for & how much to spend...On top of the regular. Guess I'm just feeling like all I ever do is clean & its never done or even clean!!!! My dd's 7 mo & we got a 16 week old puppy a bit ago & hubby doesn't lift a finger around the house, no really not a thing!!! He always promises he will & never follows thru. Baby's crying in the background, got a sink full of dishes, our dw's still fn broken, hubby doesn't get it, dog's peeing on the floor... just feel like I can't do it anymore, what's the fn use? Hubby's never gonna change & I can't do this by myself, I've been telling him for yrs I need more attn from him. Got in a huge fight last night & I told him that bc he's such an ass that's why I put our dd before him. He's so inconsiderate!!!! We have the work xmas party on sat & he

Nyx7

Asked by Nyx7 at 6:50 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• wel gf I have to say at least ur so IS home with you mine travels for months at a time and I get the house, the dog, the cat my 19 month and the yard.WOW its a chor BUT I do it because I know he is working his ass off to provide a good income for us and expspecially because he is allowing me to stay home with our daughter. I dont know in my oppinion he leaves the home and provides for you and ur fam....You provide for your fam by taking care of the house and the baby (with one thing in mind you need your me time once in awhile) Trust me think of it like your both providing in ur own way that you think you can....Also sounds like you two need a romantic date ...like the old days;) to catch the spark again relax and get a baby sitter even if you dont feel like it by the end of the night u should be enjoying urself and catching up with him. Make it happen if u want ur relationship to make it.
    tinkerbellma21

Answer by tinkerbellma21 at 12:36 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• put on his shirt he wants to wear to the xmas party yesterday to wear to work (mine can't wear a shirt twice, too stinky!), when I asked him why his response, "Well you can just wash it on Sat morning" WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you serious!!!!! Cuz I have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE TO DO that day, no baby or dog, that's right his idea of helping w/ the dog is walking it once in the morning before he leaves for work (dog gets walked @ least 4 times a day) & bitches about it all the time. Really thinking I just can't take the bs anymore & am considering leaving. We've been having this "I need more attention from you" fight for over 3 yrs now, he pays attn for a bit & goes back ignoring me. Guess I should ask a ? so this doesn't get deleted. Thanks for letting me vent, I just don't know what to do anymore, crying, heartbroken, end of rope. Anybody else?
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 6:54 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• If you are unhappy get out of the relationship.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 6:59 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• That's my dilema. He's a good dad, he's not abusive, he does appreciate everything I do he just doesn't give me what I need emotionally. He works his ass off to provide for us & bc of this I'm able to stay home w/ my dd. If I leave I will have to go to work & she will have to go to daycare & I really don't want to do that. I think its important for my kid that I'm home w/ her for at least a bit more.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:12 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• well, if i want my husband to do something, bribing him with sex usually works...just a thought.
    Anonymous

• lol, wish I felt like sex, would probably make me feel better too but that's the last thing on my mind right now.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:20 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• No really ladies, I need more input, I really don't know what to do anymore, feel like I'm losing my mind!!!!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:32 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Shoot, I wish my husband was as least finacially supportive. He doesnt even try. He's content working as a telemarketer apparently (though it's not anywhere near close for us to be able to move out of MY parents house). His philosophy is "he makes the money so it is HIS money" but when I was working, both incomes were "our" money. I'm looking for work, but gosh....it is so hard! Especially around the holidays. Ugh. He can be loving and sweet when he wants to be, but gosh forbid I ask him to anything and it either never gets done or i get attitude. I clean and cook for 7 people and he barely helps out. It's a fight just to get him to go to bed with me most of the time.

Sorry....got on a rant. Why dont you try setting up a weekly,bi-weekly, or monthly date night? Maybe dinner, movie, walk in a park/beach.
    Anonymous

• good luck to you ;)
    tinkerbellma21

Answer by tinkerbellma21 at 12:37 AM on Dec. 12, 2009