My girls are ALWAYS fighting... I can't seem to control them.

They are 4 1/2 and they're twins. Every time I turn around they're either up to something, or fighting. I can't discipline them because there's two of them but it's like there's ten of them!! I really LOVE THEM TO DEATH but I do need some discipline tips. They're twins so they're not just fighting about toys and books, they're also fighting about clothes and who's better at school, sports etc.

Any ideas?

lovemytwinsters

Asked by lovemytwinsters at 6:56 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• YOU YOU SPANK THEM?
    Anonymous

• Nope. I mean, I have, but it's not something I do. I prefer not to.
    lovemytwinsters

Answer by lovemytwinsters at 7:04 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• HM, THAT'S THE PROBLEM.
    Anonymous

• I really don't think spanking is the answer.
    lovemytwinsters

Answer by lovemytwinsters at 7:05 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• separate them and sit each on a naughty spot in a different room. or take the toys away from them that theyre fighting over. You can disapline them.
    Anonymous

• I've got twins, too. Mine are 6, will be 7 in January. There's a book by Thomas Phelan, called "1,2, 3--Magic!" I really think you ought to read it. It changed our household, is quite readable, and doesn't use corporal punishment. Your girls sound just the right age for this system. What I especially liked about this book is it gives real-world examples like "What do I do in the car?" and "What do I do when we're grocery shopping?" I picked up my copy at Barnes & Noble, but I think you can get it online at Amazon.com, too. It worked for me, and my girls are WILD! It should work for you. Good luck!
    SaraCVT

Answer by SaraCVT at 7:10 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Thanks SaraCVT!
    lovemytwinsters

Answer by lovemytwinsters at 7:18 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• GIRL MY 2 KIDS ARE 13 ,15 AND THEY BOTH STILL FIT WHEN THE TIME THEY GET UP TO THE TIME THEY GO TO BAD .. GOOD LUCK ! !
    Anonymous

• I babysit twin boys and they fight constantly. My own two children, when they were younger, fought all the time. My solution: Separate them periodically throughout the day and talk about how they would've handled the situation better. The key is to be consistent, patient and tolerant.

Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 12:48 AM on Dec. 12, 2009