Followers of the God of Abraham (all Christians, Jews and Muslims please)

Can you give me your answers to the four main questions of life from your religious and personal perspective?
Origin, meaning, morality and destiny.
Please explain each of these as best you can and please remember to tell me what faith (and denomination) you follow.

-Faithful4ever

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have been Muslim for almost 2 yrs. (was Christian before)
    Origin: All things originated from God
    Meaning: Meaning of life is to worship God (do all things for his sake and give continual thanks because he gives us all things and can take them at anytime at his will)
    Morality: Follow the Quran and the way of the Prophet (peace be upon him): Treat others how you want to be treated; remember you are not alone Allah is the all knowing and all seeing
    Destiny: I think of where we will be in the afterlife when I think of destiny...paradise/eternal bliss or hellfire/eternal or a time in torture.
    GDIMOM

Answer by GDIMOM at 9:55 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• ORIGIN? the creator created everything in the heavens and earth. He however always was. he was not created.

meaning; not so sure what you mean but the meaning of life or rather the purpose of life is to worship the Creator through everything you do as long as it's in accordance with his revelation.

Morality to live life in as free of sin as possible. To be a good muslim, a good mother, father, husband, wife, son, daughter , neighbor.... resident.

Destiny: If you are a believer in Allah and his final Messenger and obey him as much as you are able, you will attain paradise, if you don't, you will attain the fire.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 8:00 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Can you please better describe your question? I have no idea what your looking for.
    Anonymous

• Anon 02
    If i felt there was a way that was better to describe it i would. I don't feel it's that hard though. There are 4 things that most people want to know and why most people either have faith or don't. We want to know where we came from, what our meaning is, what morals we have and what our overall destiny is.

-Faithful4ever
    Anonymous

• oops forgot to tell you I am muslim
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 8:10 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• lol. Thanks Aasiyah. ...i sorta guess that though when you spoke of being a good Muslim and being a believer in Allah.

-Faithful4ever
    Anonymous

• I am a christian, and I don't really follow a denom but I was raised Seventh Day Adventist. This is from my denom perspective.

Origin: God is responsable for ALL life.
    meaning: I guess the meaning is to worship God, and do good works to show God you love him. If the bible even gives the slightest hint of it begin a negative then DON'T do it!
    morality: To live a sin free life.
    destiny: Follow the 10 commandments, stay away from anyone not a christian don't participate in secular activities that are sinful, the majority are. Then you MIGHT attain heaven. You must repent and not let your mind wander from God. So sports and games are not the best choices really. For when we do such things our minds are not on the Lord. Even simple games of chess and checkers are sinful NOT because they were played in parlors and bars, it's because they take our minds from God. So live for God not yourself.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 9:13 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Satan lived for himself and look what happened to him.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 9:14 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Ok now from my personal perspective.

Origin: God is the giver of ALL life.
    meaning: To live for God. Be kind to those who aren't to us, give to other's. Be grateful for ANYTHING you are given. Love God and love our brothers and sisters.
    morality: do our best to be moral for our time. Dress modestly, dont be crude or act like an idiot. I think if we all use our God given common sense we can discern what and what is nor moral.
    destiny: Our destiny's are either heaven or hell. Those are the choices. So if we live without accepting God's gift of grace then we are hellbound no matter how many times we donated time and items to those in need. For heaven cannot be obtained by works, but by grace ALONE. There is NOTHING we can do to make God say ok you did this so come on in. No our good deeds are as filthy rags to God. But when we stand before our Heavenly Father with Jesus at our side we will have the best defense lawyer ever!
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 9:20 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Christian here
    Origin: The God of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob.
    Meaning : Christian means anointed follower or follower of the anointed one ( Christ means Anointed )
    Morality: Not sure what you want here.
    Destiny: To know God, to know who you are in Him, to know His love, to worship Him all the days of Your love and to preach the Good News to the poor, open the eyes of the blind, ears of the deaf, lame to walk and dead to rise again.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:23 PM on Dec. 11, 2009