Pagans (including Buddhists, Atheists, Agnostics and the like)

Can you give me your answers to the four main questions of life from your religious and/or personal perspective?
Origin, meaning, morality and destiny.
Please explain each of these as best you can and please remember to tell me what faith (and tradition) you follow, or if you follow no faith.

-Faithful4ever

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Origin: The origin of life is from the universe. We are "star stuff"....we are of the same dust that makes up our entire universe. When the universe was created, so did our existance.

meaning: The meaning of life? As in what is our purpose? Well, I believe for myself, I am here to be an asset to the universe. To be the positive energy that makes up who I am. I am here as part of the "oneness" that we all share in this world.

morality : My own sense of morality stems from somewhere deep within myself. When I am questioning something, it is because my heart is telling me something I do not want to hear. IT is when I listen to my heart that I am led in the correct direction. Any time I go against my heart, I learn to regret it....but I also learn the lesson that I was intended to learn.

and destiny: Destiny is an every day , every minute thing, IMO. I believe destiny is what lies within our hearts as well.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:11 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I'm elcectic Wiccan.
    Origin, - Is often debated. Wicca is incorperating many pre-christian beliefs.
    meaning,- I'm eclectic because I take many different religions and incorperate them into what I believe. I don't believe one specific religion is right.
    morality - See Wiccan rede
    and destiny. - To live, learn, and grow as a spiritual being.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 8:50 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I'm an Atheist.

Origin - evolution.
    Meaning - I think, therefore I am.
    Morality - I don't break the law and I don't infringe on the rights of others, everything else is subjective.
    Destiny - death.
    beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:02 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I practice Buddhism- no specific vehicle. 'Western' or 'Modern' Buddhist, I suppose.

Origin: Of life and the universe, do you mean? I don't particularly have an opinion, and don't think knowing is all that important to my daily life and spiritual practice. I do think that the universe has arisen through natural processes and tend to be pantheistic in how I view any sort of deity.

Meaning: Of life? I think it varies with everyone. On the Buddhist path, I would say meaning is to grow spiritually, to approach and perhaps even attain enlightenment/Nirvana.

Morality: The Third Noble Truth is called the Noble Eightfold Path, which encompasses wisdom, ethics, and meditation. In addition there are five Buddhist precepts guiding behaviour- many are similar to the Ten Commandments, including instructions to refrain from killing, stealing, wrong speech, irresponsible sexual behaviour, and intoxicants.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:10 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• You'll get much more of a response on some of the groups than here. Check out my page for some great groups to ask this ? to, I think its a great one, just want to make sure you get more of an answer than you will here.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:50 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• ...Well, that's a great idea Nyx. But if i ask that question in any of my groups now everyone will know who i am. lol. kinda the purpose of going anon. We are in a few of the same groups. Will you ask it for me? Pagan and Proud. ...and are you in Sabrina's group too? The Ending Religious Intolerance one? ...Would you mind posting it there too for both the Pagans and the Christians (or other faiths).
    TIA

-Faihtful4ever
    Anonymous

• Buddhist is a religious and a philosophy encompassing a variety of tradition, belief, and practices, Largely based on teaching
    some say Athesists is one who disbelieves or denies the existence if God Or Gods. The defintion of agnostic is One who believes that it is impossible to know whether there is a God. My faith is church of God they don't believe in christmas and Easter We believe according to keeping the ten commandments and the Holy day in Lev. 23: the Sabbath is on Sat. We keep the First Day of Scared, Passover, The Days of Unleavened Bread, Day of Pentecost, Feast of Trumpets, Day Of Atonement, Feast of Tabernacles, Last Great day. who can read about all these in Lev. start at Lev. 23 Chapter Goes over to Chapter 27.
    nickilee100

Answer by nickilee100 at 8:16 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• nickilee100

You did not answer any of the questions AT ALL.

Salem
    so where do YOU think our origin is?
    What is our purpose of life?
    What does the Wiccan Rede mean to you?
    So after you live learn and grow, ...then what?

-Faithful4ever
    Anonymous

• I forgot to add that I am an Atheist.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:12 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Con't
    Destiny: the concept of karma applies- actions have consequences. We must be wise in our actions to produce positive consequences. Besides individual cause and effect, there is cause and effect outside of our control: ie. our gender, where we are born, etc. Karma is not equivalent to divine punishment or reward, but a natural law akin to 'for every action there is a reaction.'

Is this what you are looking for?
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:13 PM on Dec. 11, 2009