Mucous Plug...

Approxiamtely 2 weeks ago I started losing my mucous plug, then it stopped coming out.... I am now losing it again, I think.... I have what looks to be snot coming out of me. How much mucous is there to lose? Am I close to going into labor??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• There's a LOT, more than you would ever think is possible to even fit in that little space, lol. And as a PP said, it does regenerate after a few days, so it's possible to lose it multiple times. It doesn't mean anything as far as labor goes. With my first, I lost my plug at 37 weeks and no labor by my scheduled C-section at 39 weeks. With my second, I went into labor the day after I started losing my plug (I was still losing it the whole day the day labor started).
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:32 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• The plug can regenerate, seeing it doesn't mean labor *is* around the corner, necessarily. Some women lose part or all of it over months. Others never notice it coming out. You're just "lucky!" lol! ;-P
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:52 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Yep, I ditto what doulala said.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 8:07 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• haha i lost so much plug i thought i was having a mucous baby and i started losing my plug 4 weeks before i had her and i was induced lol
    javila

Answer by javila at 9:33 PM on Dec. 11, 2009