i want know what schol is better the public or private one?

carmen802

Asked by carmen802 at 8:11 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in

• It is more about the teachers than the type of school. In my area, the public schools are amazing. I went to a private, Catholic school for 9 years and then public for 4 years. I did better in the public school. Sometimes, the private schools have less to offer because they are smaller. You have to research the public schools in your area and the private ones and decide which you feel would be best for your child. Some kids need a smaller environment while others do fine in any environment.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:06 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• It depends where you live. Visit classrooms, check test scores, go to meeting of the parent communities (PTA, local school council, etc.).

If you are in Chicago, contact me offlist.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:27 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• It depends on the school system and the school. Some public schools are better than others even in the same district. Some have more resources and some have less. It honestly depends on the area. The same goes with private. Some private schools dont offer as much as public schools, some dont have as many resources and materials. Alot of private schools can hire teachers without being certified. You just have to do research. I went to District of Columbia Public Schools all my life. One of the worst in the area and I came out fine. I had a structured home and excellent teachers. I graduated at the top of my class with over 33,000 in scholarships, so it really just depends on the child and the parent.
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 5:57 PM on Dec. 19, 2009