What's the toughest thing you've gone through in your life medically, or financially or in any way either

about yourself or an immediate family member or extended family member? For me it was two things in two different pregnancies - in my first pregnancy once I was sent a letter that I was going to die in labor or delivery if a nonob issue was not cared for (my lab tests were all configured wrong and didn't include the fact that they were high cause I was so pregnant - stinkin internist!!!) and the other in my third pregnancy I thought I had breast cancer (didn't) cause of four breast lumps - biopsies showed no cancer.

What's happened in your life that you had to deal with, handle?

lfl

Asked by lfl at 8:14 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• wow you've been through a lot!
    Anonymous

• My kids being taken last year was the hardest thing I have ever went through. Then being evicted soon form my apartment with no where to go would be the second.
    Anonymous

• 1) Psychological abuse from my mother
    2) Rape
    3) Suicidal thoughts & attempts due to #1
    4) Miscarriage
    5) Coming to terms with my gender identity issues

Yet to come...
    6) Coming out to my family

Basically since I found my husband life has been great. Most of my issues have been due to how my mother 'raised' me.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:27 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• the last 3 months have been hard on me....my mother tried to commit suicide....my father died of a hear attack....and i had a miscarriage this week....i feel like i am at the end of my rope....i have one friend...my step mom and my brother (who after getting married is probably moving out of state)...and my SO (whom i think is about to leave me) that is pretty much is it...i feel alone...and having a hard time coping with the loss of my father..then losing the baby a few weeks after....i feel like no one understand or even cares anymore...and when i do find someone to listen i either cant talk about it cuz the words just arent there...or i feel guilty for bothering them with my problems...i am glad for my two children..they give me a reason to smile..
    Anonymous

• 1.)Watched my dad beat my mom since I could remember
    2.) Got molested by my uncle when I was 7
    3.) When I told my mom I was molested she did nothing
    4.) My parents divorced when I was 6 and we (my preg mom and my 2 bothers) lived in a one room motel only eating oatmeal with no toys to play with
    5.)My parents remarried, my dad started beating my mom again
    6.) Then my dad started beating us kids, with belts, gun rods..etc...
    7.) When my parents FINALLY did divorce, I had to testify against my dad in court, I was 13yrs old and very scared
    8.) Then I watched my brother get run over by a truck on our way to school
    9.) my mom blamed me because we werent' walking side by side
    10.) She then started mentally abusing me, telling me I was worthless
    11.) I met a man who I thought would love me when I was 15
    12.) 4 years later I became preg and we got married...after we said vows he got physicall and verbal abusive
    continued...
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:15 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• 13.) After 7years of this marriage, plus years of abuse from my parents, I tried to kill myself and spent time in psych ward

This was the begining of the end of my cycle of abuse and I finally left my ex husband and told the family members who wanted to hurt me to shove it. I still cant believe how far I have come in life with all that I have endured, but it has definatly made me a stronger more determined person. Life is what you make it. You can dwell on the bad or make it good. It's all in the attitude of the person. My motto is "Shit Happens".
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:20 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• My 16 year old daughter passing away 2 years ago I miss her so much
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 9:27 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• 1) Dated a man for 30 days & upon breaking up, he became extremely violent causing me to: a) lose my apartment, b) live on the run, both in the streets & while he chased me from dv shelter to shelter for 2 yrs, c) deter him from stalking my children by relinquishing temporary custody to their Father, d) recover from several physical beatings, e) demand that my state's attorney provide plane fare for me and my children to relocate to another state, even after the man was imprisoned, e) losing all my material possessions and having to start from scratch. 2) Having to negotiate with the local Gangsters to leave my oldest son alone. , 3) Commit myself to Detox for years of substance abuse, 4) Being a survivor of childhood rape/incest, 5)Spending the last few years with my Father before he died and 6) Dealing with my honor roll son grades failing and running away from home, 7) Learning a new career in my middle years

Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 9:48 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• my second pregncy i was really high risk and went into pre term labor twice the first at 27 weeks and ended up in coma for 3 days then ended up having him 6 and half weeks early and wasnt breathing when he was born and spent 2 weeks in the nicu in a town an hour away...he went from 5.5 lbs down to 3.9 lbs and left the nicu at 4.1 lbs....i never slept the first month he was home i was so scared he stop breathing, but now he is a vivacious 5 yr
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 10:19 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• uhm, wow...I have had a great life compared to all of you. I hope you don't live your life as if its hopeless because every life is precious, its what you make out of it. Rise above it....you may not forget but you can be an example to others....Happy Holidays
    AlexxasMama

Answer by AlexxasMama at 12:54 AM on Dec. 12, 2009