How can I take care of my skin while TTC?

As far as I know, I'm not pregnant (period comes in about 1.5 weeks,) but I'm having major acne issues. I've never had breakouts as much as I have recently, so I don't know how to treat it! My forehead, chin, and even my shoulders are broken out! Is it safe to use acne pads while preggo (if thats the case?) Do any of you have natural treatment ideas? Please help!

pinstripefedora

Asked by pinstripefedora at 8:18 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I had acne on and off for almost 25 years. As you have acne on your shoulders and forehead make sure you are washing your face and back after you wash and rinse your hair. When my skin was at it's worst I always wore my hair off my face as the oils/products on my hair used to make me break out more. I still try to apply products to my hair away from my skin.
    Make sure you are drinking plenty of water.
    I'm not sure which acne pads you are referring too, but I would not use anything with Retin-A in it whilst pregnant or ttc. US doctors say it's OK but in other countries it is not allowed.
    I would recommend a gentle cleanser for oily skin or acne if you are OK with using salicylic acid, and then an oil absorbing moisturiser. You don't want to dry your skin out too much. A mask once a week can help deep clean pores and reduce breakouts.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 3:05 AM on Dec. 13, 2009