Has anyone had an experience with the Enfamil RestFull formula? NOT asking if anyone thinks it right or wrong...just looking for actual experiences with the product. Thanks!

My son has Reflux and has lots of trouble sleeping for longer than 1.5 - 2 hrs. I am currently undergoing chemo and need to try to find a way to encourage him to begin sleeping longer periods so I can get some rest as well. He is 2 months on the 16th of dec. The RestFull is what his ped has recommended, I just wasnt sure if I need to mix it right before I feed or if its something I can do before hand. And also if I will need a larger hole in the nipple since the formula is a bit thicker. I am NOT looking to be judged, just trying to find a way to stay healthy for my baby, would definatley like some experinces of other moms who have tried this.

abealer

Asked by abealer at 8:31 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I haven't used it but the Restfull formula is the same exact thing as Enfamil AR with a new label. While it might help with your son's reflux I don't think you will see a change in the sleeping pattern.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:38 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I haven't used it myself either so I'm not sure i'll be much help, but from everything I have been taught ( from doc., parenting books, etc.) your baby has to reach a developmental stage before sleeping through the night. they have to have accomplished the skill of getting themselves to sleep. otherwise he will just to continue to wake up because he is not yet capable of comforting himself to sleep.
    mommy2Jayden21

Answer by mommy2Jayden21 at 10:01 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• i bought it and used it idk twice maybe i was worried about it because it's milk based and my son seems to be allergic to milk like i was but when we used it it says on it it needs to sit for about 5 minutes or so .. so you could make them before and let them sit and thats would be fine .. but the few times i used it didnt really help and either does cereal i understand how hard it must be for you but nothing really helps im sorry :( gl if you find something that works let me know
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 11:27 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I bought the formula my son had problems sleeping i loved it! Enfamil restfull is a little different then enfamil a.r. Restfull formula is made to ease hunger through out the night which basically is made to digest slowly so it doesnt make him hungry. I gave it to my son it was the first time EVER that he slept through the night... That was like the miracle formula.. My baby also has reflux and is on 1/2tsp a day for zantec that really helps to
    Brookey25

Answer by Brookey25 at 1:22 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I used it twice on my 2 month old and it didn't help. He still woke up after a couple of hours.
    NursyLori

Answer by NursyLori at 3:11 AM on Dec. 15, 2009