How long did it take you to conceive using clomid?

I just finished my first cycle (50mg) a few days ago and before that I was on prometrium for 10 days and I also have PCOS I know it's not likely but I want it to work on the first try just don't want to keep getting my hopes up ya know? so for my question what's a realistic timeline? and what should I expect with this

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Not, sure I'm on my second round so it didn't work for me the first round... it could take several rounds of it before you finally get pregnant....
    lovinthislife08

Answer by lovinthislife08 at 11:14 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I took two rounds and still nothing. I'm going for another HSG test and maybe a third round of chlomid! Not sure what the doc has in mind for me
    AJsmom2005

Answer by AJsmom2005 at 4:24 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Clomid never worked for me. I don't have PCOS, I have a severe case of endometriosis. If nothing else works, you might consider contacting Dr. Thomas Hilgers at the Pope Paul VI Institute. He takes patients from all over the country, or he may be able to refer you to someone in your area. He does ovarian wedge resection surgery for PCOS patients. It is not done a lot anymore because most doctors just go from drugs to IVF. The surgery creates fresh, healthy ovarian tissue and is very successful.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 8:02 PM on Dec. 13, 2009