how do i prevent this?

when i bought diapers at sams club they were 1-2's. on the rare occasions my daughter slept through the night, they lasted. Now i buy my diapers at walmart due to not havig a sams club card and i buy straight 2's. i cant get her diapers to last through even a 2 hour nap any more. i buy huggies, same as i always have. what should i do? i have to change her outfit and sheets almost constently.

Squeakette

Asked by Squeakette at 8:38 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I found that diaper's leak worse when they are too big. You may need to get a smaller diaper that fits closer to the body.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 8:41 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• The diapers could be to big or she could be drinking more. Check to see if the diapers are to big. They shouldn't be differant if you buy them at Walmart or Sams if they are huggies. They are both ran by Walmart.
    Anonymous

• I had the same problem with huggies, they leaked like crazy. I started to buy Luvs and really only had the problem rarely when he slept all through the night. They don't leak unless your child just pees a whole heck of alot. Now that hes in pull ups I put him in Pampers b/c they are really the only brand name that has decent pull ups...all the rest are pretty much the generic ones and they hug his legs too tight for his size and if I go a size bigger they leak.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 8:42 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I use Target brand and LOVE them. However I had the same problem at a different stage with my kids. I just bought the next size up for bedtime and continued to use the smaller ones during the time they were awake.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:58 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• well, my problem is that shes short. she was born at 18.5 inches and 8 lbs. shes now 23.5 inches and 13 lbs 4 oz. so i was told to go up to size 2's because thats her size now. but shes short.
    Squeakette

Answer by Squeakette at 9:00 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• oh, and shes 5 months old now. im just concerned because she's sleeping longer but then i have to change the sheets every time. im changing outfits 3 or 4 times a day, as well as sheets.
    Squeakette

Answer by Squeakette at 9:27 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I would get a different brand of diaper...
    And also make sure you are making the diaper nice and snug... too often people put them on too loose and the practically fall right off!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:46 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• My son is about the same size as your daughter. Hes 23 inches and 13lbs. I had the same problem with Huggies. I use Luvz and they fit him perfectly and dont leak. It could just be loose diapers or the wrong size. You'll have to go through trial and error to really figure it out.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 12:16 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• i had a problem with leaking with Huggies also and so i went to LUVS and they are wonderful not only are the cheaper but they dont leak.
    mrsap2008

Answer by mrsap2008 at 12:39 AM on Dec. 12, 2009