This really bothers me, what about you??

My daughter and I use public restrooms but I do not sit on the toilets at all. I used to hold my daughter up so she wouldnt touch the toilet seat, but now shes to heavy for me to hold her. So I make sure to wipe the toilet and I lace it very well with paper towels and toilet covers.
My daughter goes to school and sits on those nasty a** toilets and it bothers me just too think she is sitting on public toilets. I just wish she was tall enough to stand over the toilet seat but shes not. I hope she doesnt wind up getting anything from sitting on the toilets at school..... IDK!!!!! maybe its just me. But ive seen the toilets at school and they dont look to good. Even though you cant see with the naked eye all toilets are full of germs....

rosesrred1

Asked by rosesrred1 at 8:44 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We survived. I'm sure she'll be just fine.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 8:50 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• what can you "get" from a toilet? seriously- no I don't worry about that
    Anonymous

• That's what I was thinking. They say your computer keyboard/mouse and telephone have more germs than toilets.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 8:55 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I don't sit on public restroom toilets either. I either stand and hover [lol] or I wipe the seat down and use toilet paper to make my own seat cover. I don't even use my hand to flush a public toilet, I use my foot.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 9:00 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• she will be fine.
    oliviahank

Answer by oliviahank at 9:06 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• What can you do about it?
    Anonymous

• I'd worry more about supermarket handles and bathrooms in supermarkets that are next to the meat department!!! Seriously give her a roll of toilet paper each day for her purse, public toilets do run out of rolls. And every day put a small package of wipes in her purse too. That's all you can do mommy. It is a very germy world I know. Try not to get too carried away - you want her to be clean but not germophobic.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 9:10 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Everything is covered in germs. The door knobs have more on them than the toilet seat ever will. Ice machines have more bacteria than the insides of public toilets. There are downfalls to the invention of the microscope. Just teach her to wash her hands because that is where most illnesses come from. I personally teach my children not to use the sinks in public restrooms unless they are careful not to touch it because they have more germs on them than thier bottom!!!
    lovebug0928

Answer by lovebug0928 at 9:27 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• A little exposure to germs is good for you. Helps build up the immune system.
    Anonymous

• they had a thing on 20/20 a couple of years back..there's more germ on a door knob than a toilet seat. i understand your concern though..the only place i hover is the bar...only because who the hell knows what has happened on or around that toilet!
    AustinsMommy306

Answer by AustinsMommy306 at 9:39 PM on Dec. 11, 2009