losing wieeght drinking pop

what can i do to lose some wieght without giving up pop completly, i quit smoking almost 2 yrs ago and pop is the only caffines i get and feel i need. i need help with a a shcedual(spelling) like what time to excersise and how many galsses of water a day and limit my pop intake to at least 3 or 4 a day..please no bashing.i dont eat right i dont like most foods like fruits or vegges. but i eat meats and noodles.potatos. thank u guys for not bashing

angelairelan

Asked by angelairelan at 8:50 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I'm with you in loving my soda... but i limit my self to 1 a day and after those that i have right now then i won't buy anymore.

try eating more fish and chicken(not fried...try skinless as well) just as lots of spices. Do you like yams or sweet patatoes they are great and not as heavy as regular patatoes.

Im horrible at exercise as well but thankfully i am in college and walk around campus a lot, and up and down the stairs....try only taking the stairs or at least half the time.

try the site MarineCorpsFitness.com for an at home excersise routine.

good luck
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 8:56 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• i loooooooove my pepsi and cant seem to stop, so i traded it in for diet pepsi, to me its better now that i'm used to it and cant bring myself to drink regular pepsi anymore.
    Anonymous

• Problem with diet is artificial sweeteners are an appetite stimulant - they block the receptors in the brain that tell you when you're full. You're better off to go with just one regular pop a day - the sugar isn't nearly as bad for you as all the extra stuff you'll eat if you drink diet. There's also salt to consider - pop (regular or diet) is high in sodium compared to other things you can drink, and the salt makes you retain water.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:43 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I replaced soda with water and tea and propel for a while, i dropped 10 pounds right away. 3 or 4 a day is alot especially if you want to lose weight.

It wasnt that hard to stop drinking, you just have to find something else you like. When i sat down and realized what i could have instead of a soda (such as dark chocolate) I was motivated to trade :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 4:11 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• No bashing here. Congrats on stopping smoking! I can tell you 3 -4 sodas a day is too much. If you are not active by walking, exercising, etc. you will keep the weight on because of the sugar and calories from the soda and diet soda is worse. Not eating right makes your body have to work harder and pull from internal sources you may be depleted in. Especially if you don't eat right. You do not have to give sodas up completely. I maybe drink a soda once a week or 2-3 times a month. Only because I learned what eating unhealthy did to my body. Education is the key. You say it's the only way to get caffeine. You can get the same and more from tea, coffe or a healthy energy drink. I drink one that is safe, full of antioxidants and I don't crash. I can help you lose the weight with what I use. If you are serious, you can email me @ erika@hilliardgroup.net I wish you all the best.
    usanamama

Answer by usanamama at 12:12 PM on Dec. 16, 2009