What should I do?

My husband is very passive when it comes to his ex wife and kids. They have been sponges even though his daughters are almost 23. They have had 2 trips to Europe, had their college paid in full. They both were on our cell phone plan and car insurance until 2 months ago. One of the girls went o spring break twice and promised to pay her dad back and never did. They both have made very ungrateful comments. Saying he was suppose to pay for their college because that is what parents are suppose to do. Him and his ex act like kids. making the younger son suffer. He is an complete jerk due to the lack of parenting skills they both have. I am now working two jobs because he is in debt to his first family. all because he can't tell them no. However I can't even get my kids anything because I don't want to lose the house. He hid most of this stuff from me before the marriage. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• Quite frankly, as long as you remain married, you're equally responsible (legally) for his debts. I would give him an ultimatum: get and complete counseling (i.e., budgeting, parenting, marital, self, etc) and if he hasn't already, join a church or we're done. Once he knows better, he has an obligation to do better. I feel ya on not wanting to lose the house, however, if you allow his behavior to continue, the house and then some is already lost. Only you can determine how long you're willing to clean up after this man. Bind him with the power of pray! Good luck and best wishes
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 9:08 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Tell him to go into counselling for himself and with you. If he doesn't then he has to pay for two house, two exwives, two grown daughters plus two other kids!!!! Say it firmly with feeling not upset.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 9:13 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Divorce, divide the bills giving him his bills then just live fogether if you like him
    Anonymous