40 weeks,feeling cramping... are these contractions?

I just had a doctors apt today about 2 hours ago and he stripped my membranes. He said I was over 3 cm dilated and was very thinned out. Ever since the apt. I have had consistent period like cramping, are these contractions or just normal cramping from after having my membranes stripped?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It could be either but I would carefully time them and see if they are getting stronger. I do know that you have cramping with the membrane stripping though.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 9:40 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• stripping the membranes is supposed to put you int labor right? So time your contractions/cramps and see if they are regular.... then go in when you are supposed to
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• What I've learned from pre-natal classes is to call the Dr when you've hit 5-1-1.

This means your contractions are 5 minutes apart, lasting for one minute, and this happens for 1 hour. Good luck honey!!

BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 8:47 PM on Dec. 12, 2009