Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

rash under breasts?

I just took my bra off and under my breasts were itchy. I looked under them and noticed it was red with bumps and it even smelled. I didn't know what to put on it so I got some rubbing alcohol and rubbed some on it. It burned so bad. I have never seen this before and don't really know what I should do.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Health

Answers (3)
  • I've gotten that before - sound like a yeast/fungus infection. I put a light coating of lotrimin sold over the counter for atheletes foot. But if you have pitting, indents then call your doctor. And if the lotrimin doesn't clear it call your doc.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

  • My mom gets those sometimes. She actually got a Rx from her doctor for it*I forget what the med is called. If she's out of her Rx she gets Domboro powder-they sell it at the drugstore like Wallgreens. It's a little pricey but she swears by it. Hope you feel better.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

  • Start by washing with soap and water and rinsing well.Dry with a towel then use a hairdryer on low setting to completely dry the area.I then use Gold Bond powder sparingly.It is usually caused by skin on skin where the area gets to warm and moist and there is no air circulation.This happens to me in the summer when it is hot and humid.Hope this helps.


    Answer by Tikismom at 9:27 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.