Tiger Woods taking a break from golf?

What do you think of him taking a break?
Did you read his statement?
Do you think since we put him up so high and he had such a great reputation that he will not recover in the public eye like someone we "expected to cheat" would?

wildboyz1994

Asked by wildboyz1994 at 9:23 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• "Do you think its because "we expected better from Tiger" that he is being judged more harshly? "

I don't believe Tommy Lee was ever a role model for young athletes. Tiger Woods wasn't just paid for his game, he was paid for his image. An image which he has completely destroyed. No, I don't think his image will ever be what it was and it shouldn't be. He was up on the pedestal pretty high. He fell a long way.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:43 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I'm not sure I can communicate accurately how little I care about Tiger Woods and his mess of a life! I don't understand why stuff like this gets so much media. Men cheat. It happens every day. I guess maybe if they all knew if they got caught it would be in the local paper and on the news they might think twice? LOL
    sgtdemanda

Answer by sgtdemanda at 9:29 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I say thank god he's taking a break. Tired of reading about his shit in the news every hour. I hope his sponsors drop him like a bad habit and use him as an example of what can happen when you screw up repeatedly.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:30 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Do you think that his image will recover? It seems like when we hear that Tommy Lee cheated on Pamela Anderson it was like, yeah, duh and moved on. Yet the media is going crazy over this Tiger Woods thing almost to the point where I feel he was forced out of golf. Do you think its because "we expected better from Tiger" that he is being judged more harshly?
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 9:34 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Good point, I am trying to wrap my head around why sometimes "we" get all worked up about somethings while shrugging off the same behaviors in others.
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 9:49 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Tiger will recover. He is the greatest golfer ever and the only reason people wont let this go and let his family heal is because he is so popular. we dont go on and on about the average joe. he is a great golfer and he is in the publeic eye but first and formost he is HUMAN. we all make mistakes. He was young when he started out he is subjected to alot of situations and he used poor judgement, who hasnt? We talk about Tiger but what about all the whores that are coming out of the wood work? Those skanks need to shut up and move on and Tiger needs to do just what hes doing and trying to save his marriage and heal. I went thru a cheating husband and it sucks but time heals all wounds and I have forgiven and we are stronger now then we have ever been. If you are perfect with no flaws keep talking...if your not then move on and let it go..we all make mistakes!
    desperateat48

Answer by desperateat48 at 10:36 PM on Dec. 11, 2009