What temp. do you keep your home at?

Its been cold here lately. DH & I are jobless. So times are tough so in our bedroom it averages about 62. What do you average your home to be? We have no children living at home!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 9:27 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Because I have a baby, I keep it at around 67. It makes for a high gas bill, but it keeps DD warm.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 9:28 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• On avg. 70 in the Summer & 60 or 65 in the Winter, we're in Texas.
    JeJaNi_MaMa

Answer by JeJaNi_MaMa at 9:29 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• We try to keep the house around 65 at night or when we're out all day, and around 70 or 72 during the day. I'm praying like crazy for God to bless you and DH with good jobs soon,Sweetie!!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:33 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I keep my bedroom a tad under 65 overnight. The cooler temp is better for sleeping.
    Anonymous

• Usually around 74. It gets cold in here fast especially during the night, it's like all the heat escapes right thru the windows.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 9:39 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• We keep it at about 68-70 degrees year round. It is about 70 degrees during the day with the fireplace on in the winter, and we keep it at 68 degrees at night, because I love to snuggle into my heavy down comforter, and I HATE to be hot.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 9:40 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I've seen this question before and I was amazed then and am again...I keep mine way higher than what everyone else does? We keep ours at 78 all year...now with the heat on...in the summer with the a/c on

I will pray that you can find a job!
    Anonymous

• Wow, lots of difference in answers. Guess it depends on how cold it is where you live. I'm in CO and we keep the heat set at 70-72 during the winter.

Although, we were just talking today about trying to cut the heat bill but it's at 70 right now and I'm a bit chilly. Maybe look on craigslist and get a little space heater to help heat up the space you are actually in, instead of the whole house? I've heard that saves money. I hope you guys find jobs soon.....
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 9:49 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• 78?! wow!! are you guys naked all the time? I am sweating if our thermosat gets to 74.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 9:53 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Ours stays at 65 or a tad lower in the winter, 72 or a tad higher in the summer. I hate keeping it that warm in the summer, but our power bill then is already twice what it is in the winter, so I deal with it.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:04 PM on Dec. 11, 2009