watching calories?

what should i keep my calories under.. i have read reduce m=my intake by 500....?

angelairelan

Asked by angelairelan at 9:34 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Well that depends.. How much weight do you want to lose? How much do you weight now and how tall are you? What type of lifestyle do you lead, active or not so much.. Also how many calories are you eating now? The average is around 1800 for a woman and 2000 for a man, give or take a few based on how you answer all the questions above.

I am around 1500, pretty active most of the time LOL...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:44 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Calories don't matter...nutrition does. If you eat fewer calories but they are all junk, you'll still feel lousy and likely won't lose weight. What you eat really matters and it needs to be balanced with protein, carbs and (good) fat. If you want to safely lose weight, consider a good nutritional cleanse... I did one called Isagenix (www.yourhealthiestlife.isagenix.com) and I lost the last of my baby weight (I have 4 kids!) and it made my energy go through the roof. All with sound and balanced nutritional products.
    mamagillian

Answer by mamagillian at 9:53 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• i eat around 1500 calories. Most of it as healthy as possible. DInners around here usually though, not so much on the healthy side =/
    Anonymous

• I consume 1200-1500 a day...I run 3-5 times a week.You just have to take in your activity level,your heighth weight etc.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 11:07 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• We just bought ourselves bodybuggs...it has really helped me see what I am intaking calorie wise and what I am expending calorie wise. I eat between 1200-1500 calories daily and have to burn 2000 at the very least.
    In order to lose one pound of weight you must burn 3500 calories, so keep that in mind. In one week, I've lost 3.2 lbs. I eat tons of fruits and veggies, limit salt, no cokes, or junk...
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:03 AM on Dec. 13, 2009