Am I the only one...

Who is starting to realize Cafemom is dumb?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I love a few of my group (Military Moms and my base specific groups where I've met a lot of real life friends) and I love Daily Buzz, I have won a Pyrex cooking set and Bon Jovi tickets in the last two months! But I'm really not into the answers section most of the time. Too many self righteous SAHMs, and way too many judgemental women who think they are God's gift to parenting.

toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 9:38 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I think this site is really neat. Women like me who are stay at home moms can talk with other moms from all around the United States and relate to each other. Groups have contests and you can win prizes....its a chill back kinda site....drama free, you know. But if this is not your thing, maybe you need to find another site that'll suite you.

-Vanessa
    vdr1983

Answer by vdr1983 at 9:39 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• OMG no. I came on here by accident one day and thought it would be neat to have a network of moms to get advice and share experiences with. Then I started reading some of the posts...well most of the posts...and realizing it's mostly cat fights and bashing each other. NOT VERY SUPPORTIVE. There also seem to be more immature girls on here than grown women, and I find so many posts or questions that make me shake my head and wonder how these people get through life.

Now I have found some posts and discussions that for the most part are great. But they are few and far between. I guess it's more for entertainment than actual support and advice. Which is too bad because women should be supporting each other instead of tearing each other down every chance they get.

I guess a lot of them never emotionally mature past the age of 12. Sad.
    sgtdemanda

Answer by sgtdemanda at 9:39 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• It all depends on the groups you are in. I love my groups and have made some great friends. I have learned a lot too! I stay out of the ones full of drama!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:46 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I came across it by accident too. I like it bc I can ask silly questions. Lol But for the most part I do see some drama. However, I also see some supportive women. I agree there are some immature girls on here but I guess that's life. I usually go on when I want an opinion on something. Or if I am bored!
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 9:56 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• LOL maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places for normal nice supportive women! Argh! Must try harder!
    sgtdemanda

Answer by sgtdemanda at 10:00 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Try the smaller groups! They seem to be better controlled and a lot less drama and nastiness!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 5:26 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• For the most part no. It gives me something to do and I have met some moms in person that live in my area. That's good for me because I'm a stay home mom and really don't have a lot of friends to just go hang out with, especially without kids. We do outings that our just for us and sometimes we do group things with the kids. If it wasn't for Cafemom I probably wouldn't have never met them.
    table4eight

Answer by table4eight at 7:24 PM on Dec. 13, 2009