I need a new camera help

I have a Sony HD avchd (whatever that means) Handycam with produos
and older Sony Cybershot (7yrs old) with old memorystix that fit in my older Sony Vaio
And I have a broken Olympus FE300 AF 3x zoom, 12mp

I'm aware the pro's use Nikon and Canon DS500 types?

I don't have time to learn right now but I would love to have just a good reliable camera for really good close ups and zooms for bird shots etc. If I have to get the best I will but I don't have the time to learn everything on it so I just wanted the next best thing.

babygirl821

Asked by babygirl821 at 9:50 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The nikon L100 is a great camera! I don't have one, but I know a couple of ladies on here who have the camera and the pics are amazing!!! You can find it on sale for $199 sometimes!
    chrissi0103

Answer by chrissi0103 at 9:56 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Probably the wrong forum to post this in. . . a technology or hobby forum might give you better answers. . . short answer, what is your budget? Personally I have an old Cannon A1 with a 300mm lens and a tripod and that takes great bird/nature pics. However, if you don't want to go old school I also love my Cannon 30D (yes I'm a cannon person) and love the pics it takes. I need a different lens for telephoto. You may want to try a couple photography websites (like photo.net) for suggestions though.
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 11:02 PM on Dec. 11, 2009