Miscarriage and getting pregant again

I ended up having a miscarriage close to 6 weeks ago the dr didnt give me specific instructions on how long to wait to try again. My husband wants to have another one right away I am kinda skeptical especially after this incident. Is it safe to try again? Is there a good chance of it happening again? I had one pregancy with no problems what so ever. Just wondering what to choose and what is safe for me and the unborn (unconcieved) baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Some doctors believe that having another pregnancy immediately after a loss of any kind will cause problems in progesterone levels. You could chart a cycle or two and make sure that you're ovulating and that your luteal phases are long enough. Most docs recommend waiting 2 or 3 months.

Know, though, that pregnancy loss after a previous miscarriage is rare. Most women who experience such pain only have to go through it once. It's not likely to happen again, especially considering that you've already had a healthy pregnancy. Usually repeat miscarriage is caused by a health problem like a clotting disorder.

Good luck to you and baby dust!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:23 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• It probably is best to wait for like 6 months. To let your body recuperate. But I am not a doctor. Do not let your DH push you into something you are not ready for.

Answer by louise2 at 10:26 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I am so sorry to hear about your loss.

Depends...did you have a D & C or pass the baby via period?

My doctor told me after my D & C (9wks, no heartbeat,baby had genetic disorders) that you should wait 2 FULL cycles to get pregnant and give your uterus a chance to shrink back down, regenerate the cells it lost during the procedure, and re-set your hormones. Even though you may not FEEL anything is different or have (physical) pain of any sort, if you get pregnant now, your uterus may not have healed all the way and there may not be enough nutrients to support what is going to happen. I don't know any information as far as losing it via period.

If you are like me, everything was thrown off and I didn't know my body like I used to. I used ovulation sticks (super cheap www.early-pregnancy-tests.com) I waited 2 months and we tried and we are expecting in July. It will happen. Good luck and chin up :-)
    Anonymous

• (oh to add to the answer above I too, have a healthy son already. This would have been my second as well)
    Anonymous

• It depends on how far along you were. I was around 4-5 weeks both times I miscarried. I was told I could try again as soon as I felt ready. There is no harm in it. The only problem is they have to do an ultrasound to date the pregnancy since they have no period to go by.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 1:09 PM on Dec. 12, 2009