Is the media out of control or....

did Tiger Woods get what he had coming? I am watching a show on the unraveling of Tiger Woods life and the role of the media in it. Is he getting what he deserved or did the media turn on him and eat him alive? I can not decide. Your thoughts.

wildboyz1994

Asked by wildboyz1994 at 10:32 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Tiger Woods was my absolute favorite athlete. Besides watching him nearly every Sunday for I don't know how many years, I Have been fortunate enough to see him play twice. He is an amazing golfer... I don't know what kind of 'person' he is off the golf course, but anyone who cheats on their spouse MULTIPLE times over a 5 year period~loses uber respect from me. IMO~When you cheat on your spouse, you are also cheating on your children. Whether his wife sticks around to work it out or leaves~Those children deserve better than they have gotten so far in their short little lives... Just goes to show all the money in the world can't buy everything.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:24 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I think his salicious behavior coupled with his prim and proper image made for great headline tabloid news..People are stunned...

I honestly feel bad for his family...Hope they can work things out privately

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:56 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• The king fell from grace and rightly so! He isn't who we all thought he was, but still, I am sick of hearing about it, the media really needs to move on...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 11:34 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I think because he kept his life so private, and appeared to have such good morals, this is all the more stunning. I know I used to think highly of him. I am so disappointed that he deliberately presented himself as a cornerstone of good values, and in reality he is like all the other celebrity screw ups.

I am fine with being a celebrity screw up - just be honest about it. Don't try and cloak it in the exact opposite moral position.

I feel sorry for his wife, and those two little kids. I suppose she will get enough money out of him to make her and the kids comfortable, but it doesn't take away the lingering bitterness and anger that is going to be with both parents for a long time.

I think even the media people are surprised. We all bought into the Tiger brand.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 12:23 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Personally I could care less who Tiger Woods is screwing and who he isn't. There are bigger problems in this country then some smuck getting caught cheating on his wife.
    WhoCares224

Answer by WhoCares224 at 12:25 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I am so tired of hearing about him. But I have to say this -- how in the world did he have that many affairs, and no one knew? How did he keep that prim & proper image with the media following him around, and screw around with that many different women? Someone knew what he was really like, and I can't believe it has been kept quiet all this time.

As for your question, OP, I can't quite decide either. I think both. He is getting what he deserves in the sense that he is a celebrity, and projected the clean-cut, stand-up guy image, when he is not. And I think the media is eating him up alive over it simply because he is not what he appeared for so long, and people feel betrayed by him.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 1:03 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• For better or for worse the media is out to make a buck off of him, just like all the other celebrities they are hawking.
    diospira

Answer by diospira at 1:15 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I am shocked...how did he manage to keep it secret all this time and even sleep with a few of them at his own home???? Now that the truth is coming out, all his cheap slutty girlfriends are spilling the juicy details and the Press and Media are loving it! Too ugly. Just disgusting. I think he is a sexual addict. Whatever happened to morals and self control???
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 1:32 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Isn't it sad that nowadays a person's accomplishments are erased if he/she has a weakness that the shark media and their piranha audience can sink their teeth into?

Personally, I disapprove of sex outside of marriage - which makes me MORE "prudish" than most - but I can still admire the achievements for which Mr. Woods was so highly praised up until a few days ago !

If it had turned out that he had bribed or cheated his way to the top of his field, then THAT would set at nought his position. Or if he had been beating or otherwise harming his children, then yes, this would overshadow his image of dedicated hard work and incredible skill.

Having affairs is yucky, but from the swarming of the media you would think he had committed serial murder.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 4:02 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Also, It depends on which media you are focused on. I don't hear much about it on the radio stations I listen to... But I do see/read headlines when I log onto yahoo, msn, etc....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:26 AM on Dec. 12, 2009