2 positive home pregnancy test neg blood test

Im so confuesd. Im not supposed to start my period till sunday. Yesterday morning i got impatient and took a clear blue easy digital test and it said i was pregnant. I wanted to confirm so i bougt 2 more test. i took one later that day and it was neg. When i woke up today i took and E.P.T test and got another positive! so both tests i took with first morning pee were positive. so i went and got a blood test today at 11am and it came back negative!! what the heck. This is soo confusing and such and emotional thing to be put throuhg. My doctor is not in untill tuesday and im so cunfused to whats goin on. any help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• *confused. my bad
    Anonymous

• Tests can be wrong. False negatives are way more common than false positives. My mom's pregnancy with me didn't show up positive on a blood test until she was 5 months along. Just eat and drink and play and sleep like you are. The lab tech could have done the test wrong. test again next week.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:28 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• What kind of blood test did they do? There are two kinds of blood tests, and one is more accurate than the other. One checks to see the exact level of hormone, one just checks for the hormone in general much like a stick test. If they did the first...then the blood test is probably correct and I would write the test companies to complain. However, unless you specifically say "quantative blood test" they may have done the other, and then I'd say it could go either way. GL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Dec. 12, 2009