Someone please please help !!!!

I have a min pin she is 4yrs old she is throwing up and she wont eat or drink water she is laying down with a blanket over her she moves her head but does not get up to walk...we dont have money to take her to the vet. what can I do please help I'm scared something is gonna happen to her...

rissa1789

Asked by rissa1789 at 10:37 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Pets

• I worked at a vet as a tech...is there blood in her vomit? Is she extremely lethargic? If so, then nothing but a vet can help.
    She may have a bowel obstruction, which may or may not pass.

She also may just have an upset tummy. You can give dogs Famotidine (the drug found in Pepsid, and generic's as well). Don't try and force her to eat. Dogs can go 4 or 5 days without food. She will probably throw it up anyway. BUT DO try and get her to drink SMALL bits of water OFTEN or entice her with CHICKEN STOCK to keep her hydrated. Super important. If she doesn't get better in 3 days or so then time to sell some things on e-bay and take her to the vet. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• I HAVE ONE OF THOSE ! SOUNDS LIKE SHE HAS A DOG VIR- OR PARVO ! GOOD LUCK SWEETY ! !
    Anonymous

• Is she vomiting or having diarrhea?Is she shaking?If she is vomiting or having diarrhea she really needs to be seen by a vet.Try to find one that will let you make payments.
    How long has she been like this?You don't want her to get dehydrated,so try to get her to drink some pedialyte or some Gatorade.You may have to use an eyedropper or a childs medicine dropper.A good diet for upset tummy is no food for 24 hours then offer a bit of boiled chicken or hamburg mixed with cooked white rice.This diet is easy on the tummy.Good luck with your furbaby.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 10:54 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Agree with above, could have parvo. If she isn't drinking water she HAS TO go see the vet or she will get dehydrated, unless you know how to do subq fluids and have the right solution, which most people dont. She will DIE if she gets too dehydrated. I went to college for vet assistant, believe me I know what I'm talking about, I've seen it. If she has parvo she needs vet care. Is she pooing really runny poo that smells really bad? If so it is very likely parvo. You can't force her to drink water or she may choke. If she is so bad off she can't or won't get up its pretty unlikely she will make it with out vet care. Most vets will take payments especially in an emergency situation which this would be considered. The longer you wait to take her in the more it will cost because they'll have to use more fluids to rehydrate her. Please just take her in if you care about her.
    stargazerwolf

Answer by stargazerwolf at 9:36 PM on Dec. 23, 2009