What is your favorite part about Christmas?

I love Christmas and everything about it but I suppose my favorite parts would be spending time with my family, eating (of course) and the Christmas decorations- lol, I know that's corny but they're so pretty! I wish they could be up all year. Any input is welcome! And happy holidays to all on Cafe mom.
Sophie

Sophie397

Asked by Sophie397 at 10:52 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Holidays

• I love most seeing my kid's reactions to all the presents they got and for now the whole Santa thing. How they go to sleep the night before worrying if he's going to come and if he remembers what toys they want and then they wake in the morning, run into the room and see a room full of toys that weren't there before they went to bed. I LOVE IT!!

I also like all the family gathering around and exchanging gifts and I like the music and watching good old-fashioned Christmas movies with the kids like Home Alone and Christmas Story.

It's the most wonderful time of the yyeeeeeaaaar!!!!!!!!!!! :-)
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 11:38 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• family!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:54 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I LOVE the looks on my children's faces when they see their presents on Christmas morning! It's just a magical moment.
    itsjaimiehere

Answer by itsjaimiehere at 10:57 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• giving people presents and receiving them ^_^
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 11:00 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• the lights
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:00 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I love the smell of Christmas trees; cool winter brisk weather; the decorating of homes; Christmas music; eggnog; smell of my cookies; smell of my tamales on Christmas eve and basically just the whole spirit feeling of the season with family.

Anonymous

• I love the lights and decorations! I think thats what gets the kids all excited too. i use to just stay up all night and watch the twinkling of the lights on the christmas tree when I was little and sometimes I still sneak in around the tree to watch em!
    jdrae13

Answer by jdrae13 at 11:11 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I love the lights and decorations. I love how a lot people are in a general good mood around christmas. But I love it all really. One of my favorite holidays.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:30 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I guess my favorite thing would be spending the day with my family and remembering all of our past Christmas'. I love it all, though! the music, the decorations, church on Christmas Eve, the presents, the food. I also really love how you can feel excitement in the air, and everyone seem to be little more cheerful than usual!
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 12:22 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Lol, we share common favorites then; we should make a corny-club. I was telling my husband the other day how much I would love to keep the tree, lights and decorations up all year, it's so pretty and soothing. We bake, eat, listen to holiday music and watch holiday movies. It's my favorite time of year, good relaxing family time.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 1:26 AM on Dec. 12, 2009