How Can I get her to sleep ALONE????

My dd is 15 months and we had her sleeping almost all night in her crib, with her getting in bed with us at about 7 am... Now we put her to bed at 9 and she fusses, and maybe she'll go to sleep but then wake up an hour later screaming and wont go back to sleep until 130am... I am at my wits end being 9 months pregnant and ready to pop, and then having a toddler who constantly wants up my butt... I love her dont get me wrong but I am at my wits end!!!!!

Trinity0820

Asked by Trinity0820 at 10:59 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes, it's very annoying that all that hard work you put into sleep training has to be repeated anytime they get sick, or something changes.

There are lots of different, and effective, sleep training methods out there (from slow transitioning to cold turkey cry-it-out)...and no matter what you pick someone's going to think you're a horrible mom for going that route,

...but I think whatever works best is the nicest thing you could do because you and dear daughter will be much happier and nicer during the day when you're well rested.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 11:09 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• She won't be happier if she's left to cry. Keep it positive, compromise, and reward. Put her bed in your room so she doesn't feel left out when the new baby comes. TALK to her about sleeping in her bed and do so NICELY. Show her books or pictures of other kids or her favorite book/tv characters doing it. Give her something like a sticker for staying there all night. Start with half a night, then one night, then 2 nights, etc. It's unfair to stress and force her into something she isn't ready for. You have to do it gently. She'll be stressed when the baby arrives too. Remember that you have to keep all your kids happy; not just "train" one to make room for the other. It's best to stay positive instead of breaking her into it harshly.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 11:28 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• The kids were gonna have the big room, so should I move our bed back in their that way we all sleep in the same room? I havent been mean just frustrated... ya know? I want them both to be happy and be close... thats why I am asking for advice as to get her in her crib for the night... Because I have to have another c-section soon and she moves ALOT!
    Trinity0820

Answer by Trinity0820 at 11:59 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I would. It'll be easier on you too to have everyone near by since you won't be so mobile.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 6:06 PM on Dec. 12, 2009