how many of you have to live with parents or other similar situations?

We currently reside with the inlaws. not saying I'm not grateful or happy.but sometimes I feel like I'd do anything to get my own place. living in a room with a man and a baby is taking a toll on me.

how many of you are in my boat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• ME!!!

Dont get me wrong, I am so grateful that I have them to help us out right now, but....There are now 7 people in the house and I'm the one who cleans and cooks for all of them (since I cam currently unemployed). My daughter is only 1 so she's no problem, but everyone else is like a tornado. I can spend all day cleaning and five minutes after they get home, you never would've known. It gets so stressful sometimes. But I love my parents and it's why I keep my mouth and dont complain.
    Anonymous

• i lived with my in laws for almost 2 years. lets just say they were all dirty people and had tons of animals i am sooo glad im finally out of there. im also the only 1 who ever cleaned
    Anonymous

• Me too. But, I'm not with baby's father so sometimes I get stressed b/c I want to do some things my way, but my mom is hard-headed and would rather do it her way. I would do anything to be able to afford to live on my own with my child and do things how I want to do them.
    But I'm extremely grateful.
    Anonymous

• Nope. I am a grown up and would never move back. We waited to have kids so we had a nest egg and our home paid off. We are both laid off but have funds to last us many years since living expenses are very low with no mortgage. Hubby does start his new job in three weeks and I was called back will start in Feb.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• i live with my in laws but our dd has her own room now but soon well be outta here and in our own place
    myangelelena

Answer by myangelelena at 1:53 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• ME!!! I live as a single mom of 2 with my grandma. I work the night shift (10pm-6am) so that i can be there with my kids as much as possible, But my problem is. My grandma just wont let them be mine. She doesn't discipline my kids and when i try to IM THE ONE GETTIN YELLED AT!! im big on no junk food or snacks BUT SHE LETS MY YOUNGEST have free range of the kitchen. Just this week she moved all the "snack" items to the bottom cabinets so he could reach them, as before he would get a chair to get his things. When i tell him no she gives it to him. I Spank him I GET YELLED AT. If i take my kids out for the day to do our own thing i get some kind of guilt trip that she doesnt get to see them. ... i mean my list goes on and on.. so i appreciate this post/question gives me a space to vent LOL i am grateful for a roof over my head
    MOMMA111

Answer by MOMMA111 at 6:29 AM on Dec. 12, 2009