Just asking your opinion...(names)

We have kind of settled on names for a boy and girl, but I would really like to hear what others think about them. Not that it matters in the end, but it's nice to know what ya'll think about them. The children I have now are named Ashleigh Marie Bryanna and Logan Raiden and the names we came up with so far are (Boy) Maximus Alexander and Mackenzie Kaelyn. Do you like any part of them? Dislike them? Any reason in particular why? Thanks for your opinions!

jdrae13

Asked by jdrae13 at 11:06 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Personally, not so big on Maximus, but that's just me. I like the girls name, Mackenzie isn't my fave name but it's still neat, and Kaelyn is a neat spelling.
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 11:09 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• They're both good names but I personally prefer mackenzie for a boy.

BTW I adore Kaelyn....It's my daughters middle name althought spelled Kaylynn...
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 11:09 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• kaelyn is so adorable not big on maximus for a boy kinda soundsl ike dog name.. not bashing i swear i do like kaelyn tho so cute. i like the name Mikayla for a girl but i like your other kids names
    Armywifelovely

Answer by Armywifelovely at 11:13 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Just my opinion -

I love the name Max - and I actually think the whole old roman matching middle name is a cool touch - I probably would never introduce my kid as Maximus though, I'd always introduce him as just Max...but keeping the long spelling for the official name seems fine.

Mackenzie - I'm too tainted to give an objective opinion, since I knew a girl with that name when I was a kid that wasn't very nice to me.
    Anonymous

• I really like Max, and I'm also not very big on Maximus, but Max just seems so...boring when it's written by itself. I don't think I would ever introduce him as Maximus, but it's just to complete the name, I guess. If that helps.
    jdrae13

Answer by jdrae13 at 11:17 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I like MacKenzie, but don't like Kaelyn (too girlish) How about MacKenzie Alexander?
    (Maximus sounds like a late-night male enhancement pill...sorry.)
    Anonymous

• They all sound harsh and not melodic or soothing to the ear to me except Kaelyn.
    Anonymous