Why wouldn't you have sex in your parents house?

I saw this question earlier and several people said that they would never have sex in their parents house out of respect for their parents. We lived with my parents for a month during the middle of a PCS move and we were TTC, so we certainly had sex during that stay. I don't understand how it is disrespectful. We're married and staying in a private bedroom.. What are your thoughts? If you do feel it is disrespectful, why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Is it disrespectful to poop? Pee? Shower? Eat? Love each other? No? Oh, well then why is it disrespectful to have sex? It's normal, it's healthy and chances are, your parents did it in that house too. I think it's silly.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:39 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Well, if I was living at a parent's house, then I probably would too . .. especially if we were TTC.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:40 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Is that funny or what?? LOL. We also stayed at the in-laws when we were between moves in the Air Force and when ever we visted at Christmas,etc and we had sex,of course!!! Do parents think their kids don't have sex when they are married? Is sex a bad thing? LOL. NO! Holy cow! We didn't howl or anything,though. We never made a lot of noise anyway.
    But,...no sex out of respect for the parents? Lordy , lordy.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 11:48 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Well if you're in a private bedroom, it's not disrespectful at all (assuming you're not 16). Now, if you're having sex in their bed or on their kitchen table........

Dang. You've got me feeling all sorts of shame over my teenage years.

DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:50 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• Not at all, we're married, we have two kids it's not like it's any big secret! It's not like we're going to make a lot of noise or talk about it the next day either. lol. I will say though that it is more fun to do it in our OWN home. lol
    Mama2JoshKatie

Answer by Mama2JoshKatie at 11:50 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• When we were not married and went to his parents to visit - we did NOT have sex there. We didn't even sleep in the same room. Now that we are married (and have been for 7 years) we WILL and DO... Lots of times, they are the ones when we stay there that get up with our son in the morning, so we do have a little 'us' time that is rarely given!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:53 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• I dont know why you wouldnt. Just make sure everything is clean when you leave.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 11:56 PM on Dec. 11, 2009

• When your not married I think it's disrespectful to do it. I for one am weirded out at the thought of doing it.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:03 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I lived with my hubby's mom and his sister lived there too. We had our own space in the basement and we has sex. We has to be careful /c his sister would come downstairs whenever she wanted and so would his mom and their reason its a public area. I asked are your rooms public areas? I am paying to stay here please knock before you enter. I knock before i come in your room.
    youngmom2004

Answer by youngmom2004 at 12:21 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Why do we not have sex when we stay at my parents (Dad and stepmom, my mom's passed away)? Because we sleep in my 17yo stepbrother's room. I find it disrespectful to have sex on someone else's bed. Maybe if it was a guest room it would be alright, but I'm not having sex on his bed. And my kids stay in the same room. I am not having sex with my 11, 7 and 3 yo's in the room.

Those are my reasons for not having sex at my parents house.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:40 AM on Dec. 12, 2009