How do you know if you lost your mucous plug?

I was sitting in the living room earlier and got up to get something to drink. When I got up, I felt something wet. I went in the bathroom to check and I found mucous looking stuff on my leg that kinda looked boogery... like a booger. Then I started cramping really bad... like a feeling mixed between period and pressure. How do I know if I lost my plug and what do I need to do?

BabyMills09

Asked by BabyMills09 at 11:41 PM on Dec. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like you did and I would call the doctor or nurse at your clinic. If there is more liquid--it could be that your water broke. The cramping sounds like labor. How many weeks?
    Anonymous

• I lost mine during labor both times. I went to the bathroom, went to wipe, and came up with a tissue that looked like a handful of bloody snot. It was a LOT.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• It looks like bloody snot and yes, early labor does feel like menstrual cramps and pressure. Sounds like you might be on your way to giving birth. Congrats
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 12:21 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• if it is stringy it's more likely just heavy discharge which is normal in the 3rd trimester, the cramps however could mean labor, time them to be sure they aren't practice contractions (braxton hicks)
    The mucus plug will be a glob, it isn't stringy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• It wasn't stringy. It looked more like a glob booger. thanks to everyone that answered to my post. I am almost 36 weeks.
    BabyMills09

Answer by BabyMills09 at 1:02 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• and it feels like she is balling up on my right side. it is hurting really bad... pressure/ cramps
    BabyMills09

Answer by BabyMills09 at 1:04 AM on Dec. 12, 2009