Questions concerning MS

My dr. has mentioned it like at least 5 times a visit. I am 25 and I have the following symptoms: heaviness in both left and right. Left side arm and leg was for the last two years..right arm/leg just the past week. A new symptom is peeing myself. No urgency to go or anything like that. I go fine and normal any other time but there has been 4 different incidents that this has happened. Can anyone on here with MS tell me if they have gone through these symptoms? My history with these symptoms is complex at the least. I am being sent to a neurologist on the 13th of Jan. What do I expect? How should I be preparing myself for any of this????? Please give me words of wisdom...

stayathomehero

Asked by stayathomehero at 12:08 AM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Health

• My mother has MS and she told me that walking felt like she was on marbles and her skin burned from the inside out and that she would drop things out of her hands all of the sudden with no warning and numbness and and that it takes her longer to heal then anybody else. She is on medicine and she has her good days and her bad days. There are different types of MS. She never had accidents that I am aware of. Everybody is different. I am sorry and hope things go well for you.
    youngmom2004

Answer by youngmom2004 at 12:17 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• dont have ms, but your neuro will probably have you go for an MRI of the head and maybe of your cervical spine to see if there are any MS lesions. I hope you dont have it and he's just being careful. gl
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• My dad has MS. He has the heaviness in his legs - nothing with his arms, it's only in his legs. Sometimes he trips because he thought he lifted his leg all the wya up but really didn't. He also gets dizziness and even vision problems. He has also had "accidents". Never in front of us, but he told us about it. His mother also had MS.

Chin up. Try not to worry too much. The neurologist will get to the bottom of it. My dad has relapsing remitting MS, so he has great days, good days and bad days. He doesn't take any meds, he did but took himself off, He also doesn't see his doctor. He's very stubbuorn. But over all he's doing really good.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 12:53 AM on Dec. 12, 2009