What can I get for her busy hands?

My daughter will be turning 3 the day after Christmas, and It is freezing outside, and I am cooped up as much as her and her brother, But my question is this, my daughter has busy hands and I and my husband are looking for her some thing that would keep her busy for awile. please help an old desperate momma out... Thank you.

Vmahoney

Asked by Vmahoney at 12:21 AM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Play-doh - kids love that stuff.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• finger paint. You now they have the ones that don't leave a mess any where except the paper.
    akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 12:39 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Mr. Potato head
    akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 12:40 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Leggo blocks, paint by number, a tool kit (yes girls should be encouraged too), a big head mannequin with head full of hair and lots of hair ornament, a newborn baby doll, and/or an interactive computer
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 12:42 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Try pre-packaged "Fondant". It's tough like playdough but when little fingers want to taste, it's edible!
    Danishlady

Answer by Danishlady at 1:17 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I'd look into various art supplies every parent has their preferences as far as this goes so if you're not into messy art at the least a Magnadoodle would be a good start for her to draw on. My children had paint, drawing and clay sets by age one so again it's all in what you, the parents, would want.

Lego’s and wooden building blocks are also great kinesthetic toys. Cooking or tool sets with things for her and brother to cook or build with, puzzles and books are also good. Another good thing to get is a basket ball hoop and ball so she can stand and throw it, good hand eye coordination and keeps her busy.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 1:40 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• a play kitchen set!
    Bennett121

Answer by Bennett121 at 2:00 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• A baby doll with clothes to put on and off, diapers, etc. There's a really cute baby alive this year that actually poops and pees. It will help with potty training too. Polly pockets are probably too small yet but a doll house with furniture and little dolls to move around like Fisher Price Loving Family doll house would keep her busy and will last a good 10 years as well.
    oregonmom22

Answer by oregonmom22 at 2:20 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• play dough. my daughter is 2 and very busy with her hands, we once timed her and just let her play with the play dough... she went for 3 hours without looking up!!!
    Also beeding is fun, you can get the huge poney beads. my kids can do that for a long time and have a blast.
    Cookie panting!! make sugar cookes, cut them out together, then mix about powdered surgar and milk to a thick paint consitancy, seperate into a few dishes and add just a bit of different colors of koolaid to each bowl, use a clean craft paint brush (a good size one), and let her paint the cookies. The colors are great and they taste yummy!!

paint!! really whats funner then finger painting??

puzzles, the large wood ones, good for building problemthinkig skills and kids love them

tupperware drums!!! pull different things from the cubords and let her discover the different sounds they all make.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 12:14 AM on Dec. 13, 2009