How hard would it be to go back to Red?

I want to dye my hair a dirty blonde sort of color. I know I have to bleach it but how hard would it be to go back to red after I get tired ofthe blonde. I'm a natural redhead.

SaraP1989

Asked by SaraP1989 at 12:40 AM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Ohhhh be careful you don't end up with PINK HAIR! If you're gonna do any of this I suggest getting a pro do it - home hair dye isn't good for such drastic change and a hairdresser can adjust things so you don't end up with some funky weird colour :)
    sgtdemanda

Answer by sgtdemanda at 12:42 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I'm planning on doing it professionally, but I think I might chicken out.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:49 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Think basic color theory: red and yellow make what color???? As a beautician, I often take hair samples to test the hair for coloring and to see what "off"  or undesireable shades might pop up. Anything, like other chemicals in your hair, diet, medications, overall health/stress, sunlight might throw the color off. I keep records on my clients and adjust the formula based on what off or undesireable shades arose, from my individual tests, their hair's tensile strength and porosity levels, color build up, etc. I strongly suggest you get it professionally done.

Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 1:09 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• For going blonde you need to go to the salon, when going back red you can use the home kit. Remember, when adding color to bleached hair, the color on the box is gonna end up darker on your head, although it will gradually fade out if you are bleached really really blonde. You will have to keep touching up until your natural color grows back out. and yes, even the permenant color will fade. I have gone from dark brunette to blonde back to brunette to blonde and back and forth more times than I can count! LOL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Dec. 12, 2009