I was just wondering who does Santa and who doesn't and why or why not?

Devonsmommy2007

Asked by Devonsmommy2007 at 12:57 AM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I use to do santa but kids at school ruined that for my children. So we don't do santa anymore.
    akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 1:00 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• My daughter is still too young to understand, but we will do Santa.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:07 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I do Santa...think I can balance the fun and importance of Christmas to my kids at the same. Thats the way we had it growing up, Santa was a big fun deal but we also knew that presents weren't a right and the importance of family.
    I wouldnt trade those memories for the world.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:09 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• No traditional Santa for us.
    I teach my boys that everyone who can and/or wants to give and help others has the "real" Santa within them. So far, they really like this.
    We don't do Santa because i honestly feel like it is lying. When i found out Santa wasn't real i was very hurt. I know all kids are different, But i'd rather be upfront with my children about the whole thing.

I don't care if other people want their children to believe in Santa. That is their thing.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:32 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• We do santa, it is one of the best memories for me as a child. My brothers and sisters and i would listen to the radio to find out where santa was (we didnt have norad online back then lol) and every year we tried to stay up to see him and never did see him lol. Even when i knew that it was my parents none of us ever said anything to them and santa continued to come, we still get santa lol, mine comes by mail now :)

I love doing it for my kids and i love seeing their faces before bed and when they wake up, i love kids bouncing on my bed at 6 am so excited they cant contain themselves, I know my oldest has caught on but he has been great and hasnt told anyone. I wasnt hurt when i found out and i dont think my kids will be either. My kids are the type to appreciate the things we do not just the gifts they get, so i am pretty sure they will appreciate the time we took to make it memorable.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:10 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• i grew up never knowing santa, and my daughter who is 5 doesnt really know what santa is..she knows who he is, but doesnt know him as the one that gives gifts or anything..she thinks santa is just someone to get pictures taken with..last year i told her santa is someone who gives gifts to childrens families that cant afford presents..because we donate alot at christmas..so, yaa thats what she thinks santa is.
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:50 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• We do Santa because we don't do Jesus.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:45 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I didn't grow up believing in Santa. I don't teach my girls that there is a Santa, but neither do I tell them that he is a myth (yet). I believe that the concept of Santa does more harm than good in some cases. If you teach a child that they receive presents from Santa for being good and either nothing or coal for being naughty and then the parents have financial difficulities and can't afford gifts, the child will believe that s/he is inherently "bad" and that can be damaging to the child's self-esteem. I don't think there is anything wrong with children knowing that their parents work hard to afford to purchase things that they want. Santa is just a symbol of the "Christmas Spirit" and, in that capacity, there is nothing wrong with him, but other than that, it can be hurtful to financially challenged families.
    JDsWifey

Answer by JDsWifey at 12:00 PM on Dec. 12, 2009