flying at 6 weeks pregnant yes or no

me and my husband are move in to Hawaii in a few weeks and i should be around 6 weeks along it is about a 9 hour flight and i have lost to babys before about a year ago what is your in putt

lalaberk1

Asked by lalaberk1 at 1:23 AM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• fly
    akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 1:24 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Yes. Dr.s just don't want you to fly like the last month, or if you're on bed rest obviously.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• yes it later in pregnancy they dont want u to fly for fear of delivering a baby on a plane
    monroemommyof2

Answer by monroemommyof2 at 1:28 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Just because your pregnant doesn't mean you have to be in a bubble. What else are you going to do, swim to Hawaii?
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:31 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I flew when I was 8 weeks and had no problems, if your concerned because of your own health issues then talk to your doctor beforehand.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:35 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Are you serious??????? C'mon!!! Fly already!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Not trying to scare you just giiving my personal experiance. We flew from Las Vegas to Salt Lake city and back with in a week. IDK if it had anything to do with it but I ended up miscarrying the next day. I was about 6 weeks along. I have never read anything though saying that you shouldnt fly early. Only in late pregnancy does it seem to be a problem. If you are worried about it talk to your Dr. They can set your mind at ease alot better than we can. Congrats on that baby BTW
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:54 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Flying only causes problems in the second half of the 3rd trimester when it can cause early labor.

My sister in law is a flight attendant and worked (flying 5 days a week) until she was 7 and a half months pregnant.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:14 AM on Dec. 12, 2009