another baby

what is a good age gap b/w babies....my son is 4 and my dd is 4 mts we want another one but what is a good age gap b/w kids? with these 2 its hard cuz he always wants to play with her i dont want to get prego any time soon i was thinking when she is a yr to try again but idk whats the word from mommas with close age gaps and farther ones. i have the paraguard iud so i cant get prego my accident it will be exactly times out!

monroemommyof2

Asked by monroemommyof2 at 1:35 AM on Dec. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• I want my kids three years apart. The healing time for your body is between 2-3 years. Studies have shown that kids that are closer have more jealousy and competitiion between each other.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:39 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• So you have 2. How many more kids do you ant to have?? Just sayin....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I thought that atleast 2 years or a little mor would be great...so with this in mind I decided to start trying to get preagnant with my 3rd as soon as my son turned one after having read that it takes most women ATLEAST 6 months to conceive..and because I was breastfeeding and thought that might makeit more difficult...well I got prego on the first try and ended up with twins born 6 weeks early..so had a 20 month old and 2 new borns..my house and life are total chaos and the one thing that is kinda lame about having so many so close together is I feel like some of the bond I had with my oldest ( now 7) when he was a baby is missing because just taking care of needs (feeding changing etc) takes up almost all of my time when we should be playing and snuggling.
    feloniousbelle

Answer by feloniousbelle at 1:59 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Also ANon I would like to say...who cares how many kids a person has?? If a woman is healthy and has a strong desire to have a baby..and has the ability to nurture and provide for that child by all means have as many as you want! It's irrisponsable people who aren't planning to have kids who end up with crack babies or pregnant as teens.
    feloniousbelle

Answer by feloniousbelle at 2:01 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• In my opinion I would say 2-3 years apart. Our DS just turned 3 last month and we are going to start TTC next month, so hopefully it will happen before DS turns 4. After the second chilld is born I plan to start TTC when he or she turns 1.
    My paragard was removed monday do to my ovarian cyst enlarging.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• what does it matter how many kids i want thats not what i'm asking how about we stick to the question buddy.
    monroemommyof2

Answer by monroemommyof2 at 3:00 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Mine are close (15 months, 18 months, and 14 months apart!) And I love it.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 5:34 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I like them closer together. The older a child gets, in my oppinion, the harder it is to rid the child of the "younger child" mentality. I also like to have them now and enjoy the young years while I am young myself.

When my youngest (4 months old) turns 1, we are going to be trying again. I have issues for pregnancy, so we have to start that early and hope for the best.
    Kenre

Answer by Kenre at 6:18 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Personally I nursed exclusively and let nature space my children and they are 25 months apart, but DH and I are VERY fertile together and got pregnant on the first try with #1 and got pregnant with #2 on my 2nd cycle (I believe the first I didn't ovulate anyway). I think 2-3 years is ideal, but that is just my personal opinion. We are done having kids now.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:17 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• We wanted ours 2-2 1/2 yrs apart and thats pretty much what we got.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:32 PM on Dec. 12, 2009