is it cold in some of ur rooms in ur house

some rooms in my house are really and i was just wondering

myangelelena

Asked by myangelelena at 2:07 AM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yes, i have several rooms that are colder than others. my kitchen ( i need to redo the weather stripping) the basement (we need to add insulation no one did that when they put the walls up) my sons room ( he has a window that i need to redo the weather stripping on) and my front door also it needs new weather stripping.

It is one fo those things that wears out over time so redoing the weather stripping is done every 2-3 years here, we have extreme heat and extreme cold so its one of those routine maint. type things. Can you tell I am way behind lol.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:15 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Yes, the rooms that are cold at night are the rooms that do not have sun at the end of the day and is shaded by another house and a large tree.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 2:19 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• You can check under your siding, sometimes there are gaps where it should join to the wall. Wind just blows up, like up a skirt!
    We found out when we had our home insulated, they put the siding back on, but there is a gap where they did it and it blows air in even though we had it insulated!
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 2:20 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Our bedroom is always freezing (we live in a single wide that we rent from my parents). It is at the other end of the house from the furnace and by the time the heat gets there lol its like realllllly lukewarm. My daughters room and my sons on the other hand are like ovens lol(one on either side of the furnace). I have to turn the heat up at night before I goto bed for a few hours to warm it up, then turn the heat back down before I actually goto bed.
    iceprincess29

Answer by iceprincess29 at 3:33 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• yes, my bedroom. i just put towls up in the windows and it's helping with the draft a little bit. I'm going to go get some of that plastic shrink wrap to put over the window tomorrow.
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 5:09 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• My bathroom is actually the coldest. The vent fan seems to catch every breeze and sends it right in. Kinda chilly when the wind is blowing and I have to pee at 3am LOL! I dont think theres anything I can do to fix it though.
    formykids373

Answer by formykids373 at 5:55 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Our kitchen is freezing since there is no vent in there. We have a space heater but we have to turn it off if we are running the dishwasher otherwise it trips the circuit. It can get pretty darn cold in there.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:46 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Yep any room we don't have a space heater in. We have been fixing this house up and it didn't come with any kind of heat source in it. We got insulation in and weather stripping and things like that but the heat source well have to wait till next month. Nights here have been dropping below 0, so any room I don't have one in is cold cold cold.
    lbranta

Answer by lbranta at 2:03 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• One bedroom upstairs stays cold all the time. It's in the back of the house and doesn't get any sun. We have the window winter-proofed and keep the door open all day to let the heat flow in, but it stays cold. Unfortunately, it is my granddaughter's bedroom that she shared with her mother (my DD) so they co-sleep in the winter to stay warm. She won't sleep with the door open at night {sigh}.
    I told my husband that I think when the previous owners installed the fireplace and chimney in the room below theirs (the office/den), they may have taken out all the insulation and not put any back in. When we remodel our home it is one of the things on our list to have taken care of.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:48 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Oh, my bedroom stays cold, too, but that is because I keep the windows open about an inch and keep the ceiling fan running 24/7......I am always hot and cannot sleep in a warm room without air flowing through. My poor hubby sleeps with a ton of blanket while I only sleep with a top sheet, a blanket, and sometimes the quilt.....hehehe.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:50 PM on Dec. 12, 2009