i am pregnant, do i need to get ride my of cat?

ikell

Asked by ikell at 2:37 AM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No. You just shouldn't change the litter. Have someone else do it.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 2:45 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• No. You just shouldn't clean the litter box (pass the responsibility off on somebody else), but if you have to be extra careful to not get any feces or urine on yourself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• No, I didn't get rid of my cats when I was pregnant. My husband just started changing the litter box for me.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:30 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• No. You just don't ever need to touch their poop. If they are outside cats then it's no issue at all. If they are inside cats, don't change their litter. If there is no one else to change the litter for you, you just wear gloves and one of those dust masks when you do it. You have to touch the poop directly or breath in the poop particles AND the cat has to be infected with toxoplasmosis (which is not likely) before there could ever be a problem with you.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:12 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• nope! There is a test your doc can do. i forget whats it called to see if the cat will cause any issues! my doc did it with my first
    mommy-

Answer by mommy- at 12:33 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Nope. I just had my husband change the litter box. You can still touch and interact with the cat as usual. DH had to go out of town for a month for work and during that time, I just wore gloves when I changed the box and made sure to wash my hands really well.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 7:43 PM on Dec. 12, 2009