why am i having uncontrollable rage?

I will have sudden bouts of anger, i don't know were they come from and they're always triggered by something else. they only last for about 5 minutes at the most and then i feel normal again. (though maybe a bit depressed for how i acted) i really don't know why i'm getting these, i'll be totally happy and then suddenly i mad. what's happening?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• Could be a mental illness? My sister is like this and she's bi-polar, depressed and is borderline for a personality disorder.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• hormones get all messed up after pregnancy. You may need a mood stabilizer medication. I take it and I don't flip out. I have an even temper now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Probably a result of previous experiences that made you very angry but were never properly dealt with. The triggers relate to the original experience in some way, and they go much deeper than the mind is able to recall. You will probably eventually come to understand the connection but it could take a long time. Some memories are so hurtful that our minds really don't want to remember them, but our inner person will still react to the reminders.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:43 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I would talk to my doctor, sounds like repressed anger to me, and if left unchecked will become worse over time, good luck and sorry!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:23 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Reads like hormones to me and I am a firm believer that you do not need medication to help with that. Educating yourself on hormone balance and estrogen dominance is step 1. See if that seems like what you are going through. Then you can adjust your diet and possibly incorporate progesterone cream to help balance the hormones and get back on track. I always suggest doing your research before visiting the doc and bringing it with you too. That way it is a 2 way conversation.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 9:49 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Hormones or some disorder like bi-polar or bpd would be my first guess. Talk with your doctor about them

Answer by admckenzie at 11:28 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Wow....I thought I was the only one!!!! The SAME exact thing is happening me to NOW...and NO I am NOT bi-polar and DO NOT have any type of mental illness...I've just been so ill and snappy lately and going off about nothing!! I believe it's hormones and so does my mom.
    lovinthislife08

Answer by lovinthislife08 at 1:04 AM on Dec. 13, 2009