bunny

does anyone know anything about litter box training a bunny im thinking about getting one

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 AM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Pets

• It has been a long time since i did this so i could not even begin to tell you how i did it but here is a site that might help

http://petcaretips.net/train-pet-rabbit-use-litter-box.html

KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 1:26 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Go to www.rabbit.org it is the site for the house rabbit society. If you have ANY question trust me the answer is there. I have a house rabbit that uses the litterbox. She has run of the house when we are home and stays in one room when we are not. She is great to have. If you are looking into getting a rabbit a spayed or neutered one is easier to litter train or the best thing to do is get a rescue rabbit that is already trained. Ours is an ex lab rabbit that came already spayed, and litter trained. We paid about $100 adoption fee which is WAY less than paying to have a rabbit spayed. GL and if you have any more questions feel free to PM me.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 2:26 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• lieter box training is hard work for some bunnies.. i've had mine a few yrs and she refuses to use her lieter box for going potty in she sleeps in it instead !!! but i would go to www.petfinder.com and search for bunnies to adpot ones that are nuetered i would recconmend also and lieterbox trained already :)
    MOMMY2BE0786

Answer by MOMMY2BE0786 at 11:55 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Agree, the best way to litter box train a bunny is to see where he/she potties most and move the litter box there (use a corner one so it takes up less space, if you can) you may have to move the litter box around a lot to give the rabbit the idea, try putting some poo and wet litter in the box and that will help too. Some rabbits never get it, some only pee in the box and some will do both in the box but still poo outside too, like my girl did. Rabbits poo almost constantly so don't expect her to be perfect. Use what you'd use for bedding (like aspen shavings). Many like to dig in their box as well, they can be messy. Don't feed a lot of greens only a little (no iceburg lettuce) or they'll get diahrrea. Veggies and such should only be treats. Definatly try to get one already fixed or get it fixed because my bunny at 6yrs had to be put down because of uterine cancer (before I knew they should be spayed).
    stargazerwolf

Answer by stargazerwolf at 9:26 PM on Dec. 23, 2009