Separation anxiety?

ok, my LO is in the crib. he's finally sleeping in there (he actually stays asleep longer in the crib) no more CO-sleeping for me :( i feel so sad, i keep getting up to check on him. I miss my little one next to me.

how do you get over separation anxiety? i can't sleep.

Hali_Taylor

Asked by Hali_Taylor at 5:08 AM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Remind yourself that it is better for him to be in own bed/crib. Maybe take a nap together, if you still feel that way.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 8:48 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• My son is almost 5 year old and he finally left my bed a few months ago,but he gets up in the middle of the night to climb in bed with me. I miss him. I think it bothered me more than it did him. He slept with me from the moment he was born. I was so scared to leave him alone I kept thinking I wouldn't hear him, I am deaf in one ear, or that he would stop breathing. I didn't want him to sleep in his own room, but at his age now he needs to. The problem is I wasn't ready to let him go. What helped me was going slow with it and letting him come in the room at night when he woke up. Another thing, most times I would sleep in the living room so that he wasn't coming to my bed but he was still able to come to me. Your kids need you and before long they wont and I want them to stay little. My son still climbs in bed with me and we are still dealing with this issue, but it is improving it just takes getting use to and time.
    JHawk83

Answer by JHawk83 at 1:10 PM on Dec. 12, 2009